Supply Chain Management (Online)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Stellenbosch Business School.Full disclaimer.
The USB-ED Supply Chain Management online short course takes you through the complexities of supply chain thinking in a way that is accessible and manageable. Explore the importance of forecasting inventory processes and identify procedural measures necessary to satisfy a customer centric market. Update your understanding of supply chain management with technical theory and management principles necessary to command the supply chain domain. Numerous exercises and theoretical scenarios will reinforce your learning as you progress each week. You will be assisted by a professional faculty expert, ensuring that your progress is informed, focused, and enjoyable.
What will I learn?
- How to design planning processes within supply chain management
- Strategic challenges in global supply chain management
- The history, role and importance of supply chain management to organisations
- Calculate values for inventory management
- Technologies that support supply chain management
- Week 1 - Orientation Module
- Week 2 - Supply chain management principles
- Week 3 - Global supply chain management
- Week 4 - Supply chain management design and planning theories
- Week 5 - Forecasting and demand management
- Week 6 - Inventory and material management
- Week 7 - Integrated supply chain management
- Week 8 - Supply chain relationships and customer value
- Week 9 - The future challenge
- Week 10 - Assignment Module
Who should attend
This course is for you if you’re an aspiring middle-senior professional interested in the organisational and operational procedures needed to direct business productivity and ensure quality assurance throughout the supply chain. Those seeking more than just technical knowledge will also find a core introduction to administrative procedures relevant to materials and services within a business.