Who should attend
Executives involved in supply chain activities such sourcing, production, logistics, and distribution from manufacturing and service organisations.
About the course
Supply chain executives strive for building more efficient, responsive and sustainable supply chain in increasingly volatile environment. Managing supply chain has become more challenging due to complex supply network, globalization, increased compliances, product proliferations, rising customer expectations and rapid technological development. In the era of dashboards and analytical tools, this programme provides opportunities to practitioners better manage their supply chains. This course aims to cover the strategic, planning and operational aspects involved in supply chain management in order to improve the supply chain performance. This course will focus on a range of analytical tools (modelling, computation and analysis) that support decision making in supply chain management
- To understand supply chain framework and issues involved in Supply Chain
- To understand supply chain strategy, alignment and performance metrics and best practices.
- To understand and implement planning and analytical tools used in Supply Chain
- To appreciate benefits of integration, co-ordination and collaborations in Supply Chain
- To understand the contemporary developments in Supply Chain like mass customization, green supply chain, sustainable supply chain and the implementation issues.
The programme shall cover the following topics:
- Supply chain strategy: Formulation and implementation
- Beer Game Simulation: Bullwhip effect and its remedies
- Managing supply chain for e-commerce
- Supply chain analytics
- Performance metrics and scorecards
- Sustainable supply chain
- Supply chain co-ordination
- Managing Inventories
- Managing uncertainty
- Supply chain contracts
- Network and logistics planning
- Best Practices and Implementation issues
Hasmukh Gajjar is associate professor in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques. He has earned Ph.D. from Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management(SJSOM), IIT Bombay. He has several years of experience in teaching courses related to Operations Management and Quantitative Meth...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.