About the course
Supply chain management creates net value and builds a competitive infrastructure that results in leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand, and measuring performance globally. The benefit of an effective supply chain management program is to reduce operating costs and improve customer service to become more profitable.
Supply chain management training will benefit those in purchasing and logistics, buyers and inventory specialists, materials planners and analysts, and transportation coordinators and analysts. Professionals and consultants seeking to add new supply chain management skills, as well as those seeking to take on new roles and responsibilities, will benefit from this training.
Strong Links for Success
The concept of Supply Chain Management is based on the premise that practically every product that reaches an end user represents the cumulative effort of multiple organizations. These organizations are referred to collectively as the supply chain. Supply chain activities cover everything from product development, sourcing, production span functions, and logistics, as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities.
This course will provide comprehensive study of the concepts, processes, and strategies used in the development and management of global supply chains. You will learn how to develop and maximize an efficient Global Supply Chain Management system and how to best use technology to leverage a competitive edge.
- How to use the general concepts of process mapping and analysis
- The general concepts of supply chain management
- The processes involved in supply chain management
- How to develop and manage efficient and effective global supply chains
- How technology and information systems work as enablers to provide leverage in gaining and maintaining competitive advantage in the marketplace