Who should attend
- Directors who need to deepen their supply chain management expertise
- SCM leaders who want to implement a systems approach within their organization
- High potential leaders from multiple backgrounds who have been placed in supply chain roles and are expected to deliver results and make strategic impact
About the course
Deliver business value through supply management which goes beyond traditional cost savings and driving down supplier prices.
To identify value-adding opportunities, supply chain leaders need to systematically approach the full cycle of projects from business need to a sustainable, performing supply solution. This blended program will develop your supply chain management (SCM) leadership capability to design and deliver strategic supply solutions. You will explore how to: identify key stakeholder needs, conduct market intelligence research, navigate diverse datasets and financial levers that drive desired outcomes, manage contract negotiations and develop core relationships within your organization and external partnerships. Over three months, you will apply this new knowledge to a real project within your business with the support and expertise of Haskayne faculty, industry practitioners, and peer SCM leaders. In addition, you will practice negotiation strategies to enhance your SCM capabilities required to deliver real value back to your organization and key stakeholders.
"The benefits of rigor in our supply chain has ultimately shown up on the balance sheet, but there are other benefits too that are harder to quantify such as the improved relationships we now have with our suppliers, and how we are better able to fulfill our customers’ needs."
Alan Minty, Director, Supply Chain Management for SECURE’s Drilling & Production Services’ division
- Identify the value within the end-to-end supply chain while maintaining a holistic perspective of the entire system
- Develop specific tactics to be an influential, commercial SCM partner to your organization
- Develop evidence-based improvement plan(s) for new and existing supply solutions by effectively integrating market intelligence and spend analysis
- Create supply chain risk mitigation strategies for multi-level supply chain structures
- Prepare and execute contract negotiations that drive strategic business objectives
- Manage conflicting demands of the various internal and external pressures effectively
Rob Handfield, PhD., is the Consulting Editor of the Journal of Operations Management, an adjunct professor at the Haskayne School of Business and a global leader on the future of supply chain strategy and practice. His book, Supply Market Intelligence, is considered the premier managerial handbo...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.