Who should attend
This program benefits managers from a wide variety of fields including:
• Engineering • IT • Operations/Logistics • Research and Development • Supply Chain
About the course
Improve operational effectiveness across the entire supply chain, from sourcing to point of sale. Learn how to manage and monitor raw materials, work-in-progress inventory, finished goods, and channel partners. The goal is to balance supply and demand, streamline logistics, and create net value.
The impact of the Supply Chain is far-reaching. Efficiency, cost, customer satisfaction and, ultimately, competitive advantage can only be at their optimum when operational excellence is achieved. Through Olin Business School’s Supply Chain Management Certificate Program, you’ll hone your foundational skills and capabilities and leave equipped to maximize your organization’s performance day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year. Get ahead of the game and your customers with a thorough understanding of:
- How to counteract the Bullwhip Phenomenon
- Embracing efficiency over responsiveness
- Identifying strategic partnerships
- And much, much more
- Led by world-class faculty Panos Kouvelis, PhD. Our faculty will help you apply the latest, most innovative research-based thinking to your most complex business challenges
- Convenient and concentrated, Supply Chain Management is offered as a one-week program, allowing you to apply what you’ve learned all that much faster
- Learn to view the Supply Chain as a system and apply lean principles to inventories and lead times as you become familiar with state-of-the-art practices in logistics and distribution
- Understand the importance of incorporating supply chain initiatives that closely align with company strategy
- Corporate Team Projects are available to organizations enrolling five or more participants in the program
Ling Dong''s research interests in supply chain management include control and design of supply chain and the use of operational flexibility in various supply chain environment. Her most recent research in integrated risk management focuses on the joint use of operational and financial instrument...
Panos Kouvelis served as an associate professor at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University and as an assistant professor at the University of Texas at Austin. He has published three books and over 80 papers in top-quality academic journals. Kouvelis has held visiting appointments with the...
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.