Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Indore.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Supply Chain Management is critical for many businesses in the manufacturing and services sector. With ever increasing competition in the face of globalization, the difficulty of managing Supply Chains is also increasing. The advent of the digital age has alleviated the problem to some extent by giving Supply Chain managers the tools that can be used to solve some of these problems. Supply Chain Analytics helps in improving operational efficiency and effectiveness with its focus on fact based data-driven decisions at strategic, operational and tactical levels. The program covers such tools and techniques that can be used to solve real life problems using the data rich environment of the digital age.
The program is meant to teach applications of Analytics in Supply Chain Management by:
- Developing conceptual understanding of quantitative aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Teaching Analytics Techniques for addressing Supply Chain problems
- Formulating and solving optimization problems
- Discussing trends and future of Supply Chain Analytics
The list of indicative topics is as follows:
- Basics of Analytics: Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive Analytics
- Importance of Supply Chain Analytics
- Statistics and Probability Models for Supply Chains
- Modeling and Optimization problems in Supply Chains
- Managing Risk and Uncertainty in Supply Chains
- Sales and Demand Analytics
- SKU rationalization
- Category management
- Spend Analysis
- Optimizing production plan
- Revenue and pricing analytics
- Inventory optimization
- Network optimization
- Logistics analytics
- Generating insights from data
Who should attend
The program is ideally suited for middle level managers dealing with procurement, manufacturing, distribution, and similar Supply Chain Operations. Executives working as Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists would also benefit from this program.
Trust the experts
Education FPM, IIM Ahmedabad (2009) Dual Degree (B. Tech. & M. Tech.) IIT Bombay (2001) Work Experience Assistant Professor (IIM Indore, 2010 onwards) Visiting Assistant Professor (IIM Indore, 2009-10) Software Engineer (Infosys, 2001-03) Teaching Operations Management Pricing & Reve...