Who should attend
- Level 2 - Supervisor, Executive & Emerging Managers
- Level 3 - New Managers
About the course
As a Supervisor, you need to get things done through others. This requires being able to assert appropriately to inspire, motivate, lead and resolve conflicts among your people. Be equipped with the skills to be an effective and assertive Supervisor, to get your team to be productive while maintaining a good working relationship and keeping morale high!
Benefits to You
*Business Outcomes : *
Participants will be able to supervise effectively and inspire employees to perform productively, to meet the company's goals and contribute directly to increased revenue.
*Learning Outcomes : *
- Acquire specific communication skills to set work standards
- Acquire assertive skills to handle difficult employees; resolve conflicts at work; coach, counsel, appraise and motivate staff effectively
- Gain skills and confidence to give honest feedback without creating resentment, thus preserving good working relationship
- What is assertiveness in supervision?
- Functions, roles and rights of a supervisor
- Effective supervision exercise
- Rights of bosses, employees, and customers
- What are assertiveness rights and characteristics?
- Assertiveness techniques and using " I- Message " in negative feedback
- Delegating, coaching and appraising assertively for better results
- Dealing with difficult employees: the under-achievers, the silent or rebellious ones etc.
- Case studies and role play to manage difficult employees and objections
Gaik Lim is a highly experienced and highly-rated trainer with over 20 years of professional and personal experience. She enjoys training and brings to her programmes interesting experiences gained from her work with corporations in the private and public sectors. Given her vast experiences, she...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.