Who should attend
RSM’s Successful People Management programme is for anyone in a position of leadership:
- a first-time manager seeking practical knowledge for handling re-occurring challenges in managing people
- a middle manager struggling with new responsibilities such as selection and recruitment
- a department manager looking for the latest scientific knowledge and practices to help with specific work situations.
About the course
Do you dread giving performance evaluations? Have you ever made a bad selection decision? Do your employees complain about their workload or their pay? If you find these situations challenging or if you fear that your approach may be inconsistent, then this programme is for you.
Learn to deal with your daily leadership challenges
Over three days, RSM’s leadership experts will help you to learn the most effective management approaches for using your leadership qualities in tasks including job analysis and design, recruitment, performance management and training. You will learn the theoretical knowledge and practical tools to handle common leadership situations using the latest scientific insights into management practices, and practice developing your skills during and after the programme. This programme covers a range of topics based on daily leadership, in which you will learn how to formulate and implement a personal leadership plan, avoiding ‘intuitive people management’ and instead practising ‘strategic people management’.
During the programme, you will:
- understand best leadership practices based on empirical knowledge
- develop verbal and non-verbal strategies for challenging conversations
- formulate a personal plan to help guide your approach to managing people
- identify common management challenges in job design, selection, performance management and training, and rewards
- execute your personal leadership plan
- achieve consistent and effective people management in common challenging situations
- learn from the experiences of your peers and extend your professional network
Hannes Leroy is an assistant professor of human resource management at RSM. He is also affiliated as a research fellow to the ILR School of Cornell University. His areas of expertise include human resource management, leadership and leadership development, mindfulness in organisations and occupat...
Bex Hewett is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Organisation and Personnel Management of Rotterdam School of Management. Her research focuses on the interface between HR practices and people's everyday experiences at work and she is interested in how HR practices can enhance value for t...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.