Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program will benefit anyone in B2B or B2C sectors who seeks to differentiate their organization from the competition through new product and service development and innovation, including:
Marketing Directors/ Managers, Sales Directors/Managers, Product Managers, Category Managers, Design engineers, Entrepreneurs
Benefit from coaching and mentoring by the instructor in developing your own new product innovation plans, and sales & marketing strategies.
About the course
Create winning innovative products and services effectively, efficiently, repeatedly and profitably
This seminar is designed to acquaint participants with the key factors that can mean the difference between prospering and failing in new product development and innovation. It will give them knowledge of the practical steps necessary for success, and the skills to immediately apply the latest techniques and processes in their organization. They will leave with the ability to effectively bring innovative new products and services to market on a regular basis.
- Understand the four types of New Product Development and the optimum processes for each
- Define your innovation strategy and product roadmap to focus on the right markets, technologies and product types
- Link product innovation to corporate strategy and culture
- Effective ideation techniques and product development processes, tools and templates
- Understand integrated portfolio management and effective resource allocation and project success
- Rank and prioritize projects – make the right investment decisions and improve speed to market
- Leverage and manage disruptive technologies
Developing a New Product
- What is a New Product?
- What is new product development & why is it important?
- Four types of NPD
- Strategic vs Tactical products
- Basic Framework for NPD
New Product Strategy
- The role of NPD Strategy within the Business Strategy
- Creating a NP development culture
- Product centric versus customer centric approach
- Blue & Red ocean strategies
- Strategic Arenas
- What innovative organizations all have in Common
Creating Innovative New Products and Services
- Innovation strategy
- Design Thinking
- Determining design criteria
- Productive Ideation sessions
- Assembling the right creative team
- Understanding customer segmentation in NPD
- Factors determining success or failure
Integrated Portfolio Management
- The Portfolio Review
- The Stage Gate System project evaluation process
- The Product Roadmap
- Innovation and the product life cycle
- The NPD Scorecard- picking the winners
- Allocating Resources effectively and efficiently.
- NPD Goals and Objectives
Taking the New Product or Service to Market
- Commercialization- getting it right the first time
- Maximizing Sales and profitability- the Innovation ROI
- Selecting the best Distribution Channels and Customers to ensure a successful launch
- Measuring the success of the new innovative product /service
Tactical New Product Development
- Alteration &Customization
- Tactical NPD Strategy
- Tactical NPD Processes
- Creating opportunity where none exists
Strategic Sales Planning
- The role of the sales function in NP development
- Strategic vs. Tactical sales – SWOT
- Maximizing Distribution Channels
- Forecasting sales of new products (market potential, sales potential, sales forecast)
- Strategic NPD Sales Plans
Biography Gerry has more than 30 years’ experience in sales, marketing and management of the consumer packaged goods and durable goods industry in Canada. He is currently vice-president of sales and business development for Garant GP, Canada’s largest and most successful manufacturer of manual la...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.