Successful Events Management
This highly practical course focuses on utilising the potential power of events to achieve personal, organisational and social outcomes for both the public and private sectors. It explores the purpose of events and how event managers can develop appropriate experiences for their intended audiences and clients.
This course is purposely designed to immerse you in developing event ideas, pitching concepts and designing research to capture event outcomes. The course will incorporate a site visit within Bristol as part of a fieldwork activity relating to event design.
What do I get out of it?
This professional development course provides you with the opportunity to:
- Reflect on current and future practice
- Develop core event management skills and knowledge
- Engage in a practical simulation of real-world event design and evaluation
- Gain awareness of contemporary trends and issues in the events sector
- Develop new networks
What does it cover?
- The programme will cover the following topics:
- The Events Professional: Skills and Knowledge
- Event Purpose and Design
- Event Delivery and Monitoring
- Evaluation of Event Outcomes
How will I learn?
This stimulating programme features a combination of interactive workshops, blended learning, experiential exercises, and field work involving a site visit to a location in Bristol.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone working in events-related positions across the public and private sector. Generally, this will be those that are new to managing events regardless of position within an organisation. You may hold one of the following roles:
- Events Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Events Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Outreach/Community/Education Coordinator