Stronger Decisions by Design
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of New Mexico.Full disclaimer.
The ‘fast-paced modern world’ is not a cliché. The waves of change are accelerating and present great challenges to all organizations and those who lead and manage them. Leaders, governing boards, and senior managers make decisions every day, but key decisions are different. They present unique opportunities to build organization health and success.
In this two-day workshop (spread over two weeks), participants will develop the tools to guide full execution in the organization and use the decision-making process as a strategy to shape and strengthen organization culture.
This program will help you:
- Become a decision "architect" to build decisions that will support your organization’s future success
- Leverage decision behavior and message to strengthen your bond with stakeholders to earn their trust, confidence, and respect
- Engage the intelligence of diverse perspectives to better understand the situation and assess the options
- Build capacity to make the next difficult decision and sustain momentum through the waves of change
You will walk away with:
- A clear, practical five-step framework to make the next key decision
- Specific tools that will improve every decision conversation to learn from diverse perspectives
- Confidence and ability to use the framework alone or to guide a leadership team in a thoughtful, thorough process
- The ability to scale the process up for complex decisions and down for short time-frames
- The skills to delegate to others so they can use the framework to develop clear, principled recommendations for leadership review
Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations
Diversity is an asset to any organization. Indeed, making the most of diversity can greatly improve your organization's impact, as well as strengthen relations among employees, clients and the community.
Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations is a one-week executive program designed for leaders of public, private and nonprofit organizations who want to learn effective strategies for leveraging diversity. This program explores the role of diversity in creating strategies that both improve organizational effectiveness and relationships with diverse populations.
Increase Effectiveness through Diversity
Chaired by Dr. Robert Livingston, this diversity executive program will challenge you to think deeply through issues both internal and external to your agency or company. You will discover how diverse organizations realize performance advantages by attracting the best and brightest while gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation of the differences in your workforce and in your community.
Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations will provide you with a greater understanding of:
- The importance of diversity
- How a diverse workforce can improve performance
- How to structure a diverse organization
- Strategies for building better relations with the community
Beginning with a conceptual overview of diversity, Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations examines the practical requirements for public, private and nonprofit organizations. It focuses on developing strategies to take advantage of, and improve upon, the diversity within your own company or agency to reach organizational goals. It also helps you build strategic communication skills to enhance your interaction with the diverse populations you encounter every day.
Chaired by Dr. Robert Livingston, this program presents cutting-edge, evidence-based research that help you gain insights into effective hiring, motivation, team building, innovation and decision making. Additionally, you will explore concepts such as surface vs. deep diversity, implicit bias, blind spots, conflict resolution, creating common ground, building trust and more.
Lectures, group work, class discussions and case studies create a highly-interactive learning environment. In addition, several guest speakers will facilitate sessions highlighting their experiences. You will return to your organization with a deep appreciation for the value of diversity.
Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations also explores:
- Building mission, motivation and core values
- Understanding technical versus adaptive challenges
- Effective strategies for hiring
- Improving the decision-making process
- Managing and leveraging diversity
- Building good community relations
Who should attend
Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations is designed for senior executives in government as well as leaders working in corporate or nonprofit organizations.
Recommended applicants include:
- Senior public officials at the national, state and local level
- Corporate executives, including C-level, vice president and director
- Nonprofit and NGO leaders
- Public Safety and Security Officials