Stronger Decisions by Design
The ‘fast-paced modern world’ is not a cliché. The waves of change are accelerating and present great challenges to all organizations and those who lead and manage them. Leaders, governing boards, and senior managers make decisions every day, but key decisions are different. They present unique opportunities to build organization health and success.
In this two-day workshop (spread over two weeks), participants will develop the tools to guide full execution in the organization and use the decision-making process as a strategy to shape and strengthen organization culture.
This program will help you:
- Become a decision "architect" to build decisions that will support your organization’s future success
- Leverage decision behavior and message to strengthen your bond with stakeholders to earn their trust, confidence, and respect
- Engage the intelligence of diverse perspectives to better understand the situation and assess the options
- Build capacity to make the next difficult decision and sustain momentum through the waves of change
You will walk away with:
- A clear, practical five-step framework to make the next key decision
- Specific tools that will improve every decision conversation to learn from diverse perspectives
- Confidence and ability to use the framework alone or to guide a leadership team in a thoughtful, thorough process
- The ability to scale the process up for complex decisions and down for short time-frames
- The skills to delegate to others so they can use the framework to develop clear, principled recommendations for leadership review
Decision Quality - Make the Right Choice Every Time
You make decisions every day that affect your success. Leveraging an appropriate framework allows you to define the requirements of a quality decision and embrace uncertainty to your advantage. Collaborate in an interactive team environment on a complex decision, applying tools and techniques to a practical situation.
Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Clarify problems, explore available options, develop a structured framework, understand the impact, and commit to your choice.
This program is now available in Norway in partnership with Stavanger.
Our partnership with Stavanger University provides the option to attend this course in Norway as part of the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate.
Strategic Decision Professionals
Our partnership with SDG combines UT's academic research and SDG's real-world experience in decision consulting to create an unmatched learning experience.
- Learn a powerful collaborative Dialogue Decision Process to address complex issues
- Frame your decisions to establish a solid foundation for your process
- Leverage creative methods and analytic thinking to identify alternatives
- Identify decision criteria with a clear line of sight to your corporate values
- Utilize sensitivity analysis to identify key risk factors
- Overcome motivational and cognitive biases to assess probabilities
- Structure and evaluate decision trees to reduce uncertainty
- Draw insights from your analysis and communicate results that produce action
- Discover what it takes to transform decision-making into a core competency of your organization
Who should attend
This class is designed for participants wanting to take an in person class. Achieving Strategic Decision Quality is also available online.