This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
A learning journey designed to focus on purposefulness, action, and reflection.
There are countless lists describing what leaders need to be successful in the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world. However, the challenge that exists is how to build personal leadership practices to navigate the more cognitively and behaviourally complex leadership activities. This blended learning journey is designed to be a process of framing perspectives as well as, building on experiential activities, meaningful dialogue, and deep reflections. The aim of this program is to support you to develop mental toughness by guiding you through elements of a mental toughness framework and practically applying (experimenting) with results-oriented tools.
- Solidify your leadership philosophy and
- Establish practices that strengthen your mental toughness and resilience by:
- Experimenting with new ways of thinking and acting
- Challenging your assumptions through “micro-experiments”
- Leaning into (and moving through) the discomfort and resistance
Who should attend
- Do you struggle implementing your leadership plan?
- Do you need help translating the “how’s” of leadership into daily habits?
- Do you avoid moving outside your comfort zone and taking action?
- Do you replay negative situations, which only isolates you, while the world moves forward?
- Do you recognize patterns of anxiety that negatively impact your thinking?
- Do you find it difficult to navigate change?
Trust the experts
Sloane is an Associate Professor in the Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources area. He has taught at the Haskayne School of Business since 1980. He received his degrees from Syracuse University: BSc in Business Statistics, MA in Higher Education, and PhD in Organizational Behaviour and C...