Who should attend
The program has been designed for sales executives with several years of leadership experience who are, or will be, responsible for strategic direction.
This program is recommended for:
- Vice presidents, directors of sales, divisional managers
- National, international, regional or area sales managers
- Presidents of small and medium businesses
An entry interview assures the program will suit your experience and goals, and ensures the course will provide a fertile, collaborative learning environment with peer participants from a range of business sectors.
About the course
Understanding Leadership (The Four Pillars of Sales Leadership)
- Explore and apply three powerful elements that shape inspirational Leadership
- Prepare their organization for a values based approach to leading Teams 1 and 2
- Identify the “Four Pillars” of Sales Management business processes
- Examine the “5 Nevers” in leading the sales organization
- Apply four rules that underpin all top performing sales organizations
Learning Outcome: Establish an architecture for your leadership of the sales organization by building an infrastructure sales and sales management business processes and applying proven techniques to inspire top performance.
- Helps managers assess their natural leadership style and know what they need to modify to most effectively lead others to drive performance
- Provides managers with a practical framework that helps diagnose gaps in sales rep performance
- Helps managers retain and develop their talent
Building Sales Mastery: Foundations of Confidence and Competence
- Explore the impact of control on confidence and development of competence and simple practices that build sales mastery
- Examine new methods for ‘re-framing’ thinking and communication essential for success in coaching Sales Professionals using examples from goal setting and activity management
- Integrate the key concepts explored into advanced approaches to managing difficult coaching conversations
Learning Outcome: Understand the physiology and psychology that underpins some of the most complex sales and sales management behaviours and develop sales and sales management strategies that build confidence and drive top level sales performance in the face of challenges.
Strategy Alignment/Strategy Execution: Linking Sales Plans & Growth To Company Strategy and Putting Your Plan Into Action
- Corporate strategy fundamentals
- Achieving alignment – Managing Up, Down & Across
- Understanding the true Unique Value Proposition
- Identifying leading indicators that you can manage for success
- Segmenting clients, opportunities and buyers
- Sales structure, selling roles, coverage and deployment
- Motivation and incentives
- Forecasting, quota setting and goal allocation
Learning Outcome: Using a strategy canvas, participants will create a road map to grow revenue, a corporate value proposition and leading indicators of future success. This module links corporate strategy with sales execution. Learn practical methodologies for translating organizational goals into tactics to optimize sales execution.
The Account Development & Opportunity Management Processes
- Identify untapped potential – grow net new business
- Develop a winning competitive strategy
- Get higher, deeper with the proper account strategy
- Gain access to conversations that increase wallet and market share
- Create new opportunities for you and your clients
- Increase sales productivity & reduce sales cycle time
Learning Outcome: Learn how to inspire a client-centred approach to create real value for your clients. Build an account development and opportunity management process that will drive competitive
Biography Cy Charney is one of the Schulich School of Business, York University’s top instructors. As a leading Canadian thought leader in the area of organizational performance, Cy has developed a variety of unique interventions to help organizations in both the private and public sector become ...
Mark is a leader in both European and North American training, with a solid track record of lecturing regularly at the UK's top universities including Oxford and Cambridge, and academies, including the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). A highly distinguished and internationally awarded perfor...
Stephen Friedman is an executive coach, career coach, facilitator and trainer, working in the areas of management interpersonal skills, group development, strategic thinking skills and HR for numerous organizations and individuals. His experience with in this area spans over 20 years. He speciali...
Lee-Anne McAlear is Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Applied Innovation Management for the Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University. Lee-Anne is an experienced facilitator, writer, consultant and speaker with a background in innovation, leadership development, strategic plann...
Amar is a principal at Sales for Life, a firm focused on pushing boundaries of social selling in the B2B sales landscape. Amar focuses on helping bridge the gap between social business goals and execution.
Biography As Vice-President, HR Operations, Dave has responsibility for the overall HR Operations support for Xerox Canada. These responsibilities include Executive Talent Development, Industrial Labour Relations, Change Management Initiatives and Mergers and Acquisitions. The last 18 years of HR...
Jonathan Carrigan is a passionate thought leader with over 15 years experience working at the intersection of technology, strategy, and design. Most recently, Jonathan was a founding member of a corporate transformation office at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) that oversaw and guided ...
Martin is a plan-and-execute sales professional experienced in managing customers with complex requirements. He is highly proficient at C-level conversations and has top-notch business acumen in all functional areas from sales to operations. His A+ communication skills allow him to give dynamic a...
As one of Canada’s leading internet marketing speakers, Scott Wilson appears regularly at events and conferences as an expert on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Most recently, Scott has spoken and written about the future of Google search trends and keyword ranking for government associations, ...
Since 1989, Steve Gregory has led IsaiX Technologies Inc., a firm specializing in sales organizational development and technology. Their methods and technology supporting sales and sales management, have had significant impact in organizations such as ATB, Merck, Michelin, GDI, KeyBank, TD Amerit...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.