Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
Strategy in Uncertain Times (Live Online) is designed for upper- to senior-level executives who seek significant growth opportunities for their organizations.
About the course
"This program is more relevant than ever, because it presumes high levels of uncertainty, complexity, and velocity in every tool and technique we present. It further covers both the analytical side of coping with uncertainty (what to do) as well as the human side (how to get people to realize the challenges and respond appropriately). In this program, we insist on driving strategic decision making from the perspective of deep insight and differentiating rather than going along with the crowd."
– Rita Gunther McGrath, faculty director
Duration: 5 Days Format: Daily live sessions from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET Certificate Credits: 3 Learn more. LIVE ONLINE FORMAT Fully virtual, highly interactive programs featuring small group work for a high-touch learning experience. View the program schedule. Terms and Conditions Print this page OVERVIEW IMPACT PROGRAM STRUCTURE PARTICIPANT PROFILE FACULTY FAQ "This program is more relevant than ever, because it presumes high levels of uncertainty, complexity, and velocity in every tool and technique we present. It further covers both the analytical side of coping with uncertainty (what to do) as well as the human side (how to get people to realize the challenges and respond appropriately). In this program, we insist on driving strategic decision making from the perspective of deep insight and differentiating rather than going along with the crowd." – Rita Gunther McGrath, faculty director
Crisis Leadership (Online) The program's faculty director, Rita McGrath Strategy in Uncertain Times (Live Online) is a five-day virtual program focused on the process of finding opportunities, launching new ventures, and leading necessary organizational changes to revitalize and transform an organization in times of uncertainty.
Participants will learn how to thrive in rapidly changing and highly uncertain environments and will be able to immediately apply their learning to make rapid progress on an issue they identify.
If you have ever worried about how to drive new growth or how to make a change initiative successful, you will enjoy the insights developed in this live online program.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and describe the six elements of your new strategy playbook
- Rapidly evaluate and prioritize the activities currently in your portfolio
- Decide which programs or projects to stop and how to disengage from them
- Explore how to lead through change and uncertainty
- Reframe problems to spark novel solutions
- Smartly plan your digital transformation strategy
- Create plans that facilitate learning rather than assuming knowledge
- Understand the political and implementation challenges of growth
- Identify opportunities to create a ‘platform’ business model
- Understand how to create important relationships with ecosystem partners
- Gain deep customer insight
The program takes place in a virtual live delivery format and is designed to address the levels of unprecedented uncertainty we are all facing.
A select set of additional readings and materials are also included, and each participant receives copies of relevant books.
- Setting the context: an overview of why innovation is no longer optional in the transient advantage economy and the new strategy playbook
- Introduction to an alternative to growth-strangling metrics: Real options reasoning
- Creating an opportunity portfolio
- Think Wrong Workshop, an immersion day on Design Thinking showing you how to unfreeze your thinking to create novel solutions
- De-mystifying digital transformation: how increasingly strategy = innovation = digital
- Discovery Driven Planning, a technique for planning to learn quickly, manage risk, and bring down costs when operating under high levels of uncertainty
- An entirely new force in our economy consists of complementors – learn why you can’t avoid understanding this to be successful
- Platform strategies: the newest trend in business models
- The economics and often counterintuitive behavior of two-sided markets
- Why Uber’s original business model has flaws as a platform
- Disengagement: how to gracefully shut down a project or end a business
- Create a simple formula for leading organizational transformation, accompanied by a diagnostic
- Customers should not be a mystery – 3 techniques for understanding them better
Rita Gunther McGrath, a Professor at Columbia Business School, is regarded as one of the world’s top experts on strategy and innovation with particular emphasis on developing sound strategy in uncertain and volatile environments. Her ideas are widely used by leading organizations throughout the w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.