Strategy in Competitive Markets
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Companies today operate in a fast-paced, highly unpredictable business environment, where innovation and entrepreneurial approaches are rewarded. In such an environment, owning a unique position in the marketplace can often mean the difference between success and failure.
This program is led by top thought leader in strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship, Berkeley Haas professor Toby Stuart. It uses a unique blend of theory, practice and case studies to promote a thorough understanding of competitive strategy and innovation.
Understand the World of Corporate Entrepreneurship Learn and apply core frameworks in corporate entrepreneurship and innovation to drive your business success.
Acquire the Latest Competitive Analysis & Design Tools Learn how to assess the competitive landscape in your industry, analyze your strategic position, apply strategic value curves, and design for a competitive corporate advantage.
Learn Business Model Design & Repositioning Techniques Learn how to apply business model design and repositioning strategies to establish a unique position within the marketplace.
Design a Business Model for New Growth Create a successful business strategy for your organization by using data and evidence from theory and case studies.
Harness Emerging Technologies for Innovation Understand how emerging technologies can help you reimagine your strategy and gain a competitive edge.
The Strategy in Competitive Markets program curriculum covers the following topics:
TOPIC 1 | Strategy and Competitive Positioning
- Techniques and strategies for competitive positioning
- The effects of internal activities on competitive advantage
TOPIC 2 | Competition Extended: Network Effects
- Harnessing value through networks of suppliers, competitors, complementors, and customers
- The effects of positive and negative network externalities on product and business success
TOPIC 3 | Corporate Level Strategy & Pricing
- The strategic logic of mergers and acquisitions
- Analyzing the potential for value creation in M&A
- Key lessons of successful M&As
- Clarifying the distinction between competitive and corporate-level strategies
- Strategy-setting in the multi-business company
- Pricing Models
TOPIC 4 | Strategic Value Curves
- Using strategic value curves to bring customer-centricity into strategy formulation
- Reviewing key tests of effective competitive strategies
TOPIC 5 | Entrepreneurship & Strategy
- Exploring entrepreneurial leadership
- The difference between management and entrepreneurial leadership
- Effective strategies for change management
TOPIC 6 | Intrepreneurship & Incubation
- Assessing competitive market drivers
- How Intrapreneurship occurs in large companies
- Differentiating between incubators vs. accelerators
- The core elements of intrapreneurship and incubation
TOPIC 7 | Leading Across Organizational Boundaries
- The role of power & influence within effective strategy implementation
- Developing a sophisticated political map of key stakeholders
- The importance of building alliances
- Planning a comprehensive influence strategy
Who should attend
- Vice presidents
- General managers
- Sales and marketing executives
- Finance executives
- Operations executives
- Any position impacting company strategy