Who should attend
- You are a manager involved in making strategic decisions, either in a general management position or a functional role within a commercial organisation.
- You are in transition from an operational to a more strategic role and would like a solid foundation in the key strategy concepts and how to apply them.
About the course
How to craft a winning strategy and adapt it in turbulent times
Would you like to be more adept at using the concepts, tools and frameworks that are most helpful in thinking and acting strategically? Are you aware of concepts like competitive advantage, business models and market attractiveness, but are you unsure of how to use them in your business environment?
This programme will show you the most effective frameworks for strategic decision-making and give you the core concepts and tools you need to be more effective at making decisions.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Strategy Formulation'?
- Analyse the industry context and competitive position of a business
- Distinguish between business and corporate strategy
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your business strategy
- Define actions to improve your strategy
- Understand how a corporate office can add value to the businesses
- Develop a new disruptive business idea
- Distinguish good from bad growth opportunities
- Identify regulatory and reputation issues with your market strategy
- Develop an integrated market and nonmarket strategy
- Spot opportunities and shape your business environment
The programme 'Strategy Formulation' comprises 5 modules:
Module 1: Generating strategic insight via sound analysis
- How well is my company doing today? Are we ready for the future?
- Do we have the right capabilities to win in the market?
Module 2: Formulating a winning business strategy
- Have we made clear choices on where to compete and how to win?
- Is our strategy sufficiently focused and unique?
Module 3: Creating value at corporate level
- How to leverage our core competences in other markets?
- How can we develop and manage our portfolio in a way that adds value to the businesses?
Module 4: Developing and nurturingbreak through business ideas
- We are reaching the limits. How to create a new market?
- Our market is being disrupted. What do we do?
- The breakthrough business needs us. But it also needs autonomy to flourish. How do we do that?
Module 5: Strategy beyond markets
- Our market strategy faces regulatory and reputation challenges. How to respond?
- How can we proactively shape our business environment?
Kurt Verweire is a specialist in helping companies to formulate and implement winning business strategies. He has developed great frameworks that give people sharp insights how to boost performance with a clear winning strategy.Kurt has obtained his PhD at Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1999 and...
Professor Carine Peeters is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the School she worked as a faculty member at Université libre de Bruxelles, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management where she also obtained her Phd in 2004. From 2004 to 2006 Professor Peeters spent t...
Leonardo Meeus is Associate Professor of Energy Markets at Vlerick Business School in Brussels, Belgium. Before joining Vlerick, he worked in Ireland for an energy infrastructure project developer, and in Italy for the Florence School of Regulation at the European University Institute. Leonardo ...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.