About the course
What does it take to turn a plan into results? This program explores several approaches for choosing the best path from strategy to action, as well as some of the common obstacles that arise along the way. In this session, we will explore the best of the various paradigms proven to guide successful strategy execution, especially in regard to the operational, human capital management, and leadership functions.
- What is execution?
- Typical approaches to execution and the surprising impediments to effective execution
- Overcoming impediments
- Identifying what can be done differently and evaluate which changes to implement first
- Articulate the various approaches to executing strategy
- Execute the logical selling process
- Use the solution-based selling process to discern the needs of other parties, align incentives, and create successful business relationships
Jackson Nickerson is the Frahm Family Professor of Organization and Strategy at the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. He also is a nonresident senior fellow in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution. His research, which can be found in the leading academic journ...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.