Who should attend
- You are a manager, director, general manager, manager in a business unit, or an experienced functional manager
- You are involved in decisions that define the future of your organisation
About the course
The face of business is changing rapidly – and tried and tested approaches aren’t always fit for purpose. So we need to create strategy differently. But how? When you take the Strategy Excellence Programme at Vlerick, you’ll get the latest thinking, as well as one-to-one coaching from world-class strategy experts. They’ll help you to evaluate your approach and hone it to have real impact, preparing your organisation for tomorrow’s challenges.
Throughout the programme, you’ll learn the theory and you’ll have opportunities to put your learning into practice. When you leave, you’ll have strategic plans that you can put into action with confidence.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Strategy Excellence'?
- Understand the strategic context of your organisation
- Evaluate the quality of your strategy and develop action plans to improve it
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your approach to strategy implementation
- Identify the actions and activities required throughout your organisation to execute your strategy
- Understand the change capabilities you will need for your strategy to succeed
The 'Strategy Excellence Programme' consists of 3 key components:
- How strategy can make you stand out from the crowd: Winning with strategy
- How to excel and compete with others: Successful strategy execution
- Connecting the dots: individual coaching based on your specific strategic challenges
Strategy Formulation (3 days)
- Generating strategic insights via sound analysis
- Formulating a winning business strategy
- Creating value at the corporate level
- Developing and nurturing breakthrough business ideas
- Strategy beyond markets
Strategy Implementation (3 days)
- Implementing a Winning Business Strategy
- From Strategy to Action: Strategy Mapping and the Balanced Scorecard
- Strategy Implementation and Change
Individual coaching & action plan
Coaching helps you get even more out of your learning – and out of yourself. During your journey you’ll have two coaching sessions of 1,5hrs with a Vlerick Strategy faculty. Working with your faculty coach, you will set goals and find the best opportunities to bring your learnings to your own organization.
Kurt Verweire is a specialist in helping companies to formulate and implement winning business strategies. He has developed great frameworks that give people sharp insights how to boost performance with a clear winning strategy.Kurt has obtained his PhD at Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1999 and...
Professor Carine Peeters is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the School she worked as a faculty member at Université libre de Bruxelles, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management where she also obtained her Phd in 2004. From 2004 to 2006 Professor Peeters spent t...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.