Strategy and Alignment
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
Successful organizations employ strategy to achieve their goals, but it’s almost impossible to achieve those goals when departments or individuals are focused on their own agendas.
This program examines one of the most challenging aspects of strategy—how to successfully align people and resources to support the goals, directives, and strategic position of the organization. We will focus on how choices, policies and procedures of operations, technology, human resources, and even geography must align in order to achieve the strategic goals of the overall organization.
- Complementarities and conflicts in firm resources and activities
- Incentives and managerial control
- Aligning team members toward organizational goals
- Ability to apply corporate directives and goals to functional and divisional decision-making
- Tools for aligning employees with corporate goals
- Experience identifying conflicts between firm strategy and internal processes and activities