Who should attend
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
About the course
Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze your firm’s positioning, develop competitive advantage and recommend your firm’s value proposition.
Through analysis, practice with strategy tools, forum discussions and peer review, you'll develop a clear understanding of the competitive environment and your organization's position.
You'll get hands-on practice using different analysis tools and exercises, including SWOT/Competitor/Environmental Analysis, Five Forces, Capabilities Analyses, and Strategy Maps.
- Introduction to Strategic Analysis
- Analyzing Industry Structure
- Analyzing Firm Capabilities
- Determining Competitive Position
- Stakeholder Strategy
- International Strategy
Impact & Outcomes
- Perform SWOT, competitor, and environmental analysis
- Complete a capabilities analysis
- Use various analyses to guide decision making
- Assess an industry's structure and how the competitive dynamics in an industry affect profitability
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of four generic competitive positions
Education : B.S., MS, University of Virginia; Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Lenox was appointed to the Tayloe Murphy Professorship in Business Administration at the University of Virginia''s Darden School of Business, where he teaches the core MBA strategy course. He als...
Education: B.S. and MAcc, Brigham Young University; Ph.D., University of Minnesota Associate Professor Jared Harris, appointed to the Samuel L. Slover Research Professorship, teaches both Ethics and Strategy courses in Darden''s MBA program and a doctoral seminar on corporate governance and ethi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.