Strategies & Skills of A Sharp Negotiator
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
We are operating in a more complex and demanding environment that requires us to negotiate with our internal and external stakeholders. To add to the complexity, we are dealing with different cultures, conflicting interests and matrix reporting structures. This programme consolidates these new facets into a negotiation framework, enabling you to powerfully negotiate and influence others.
Benefits to You
You will be able to apply negotiation and influencing strategies and techniques to achieve your business objectives. Emphasis will be on real-world application, taking into consideration the VUCA business world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous).
LEARNING OUTCOME :
- Identify the needs, drivers and hidden agenda for the negotiation setting
- Apply knowledge on interpersonal relationship & emotional intelligence in the negotiation process
- Apply different negotiation strategies for a range of scenarios (i.e. conflict management, performance review or customer deals)
- Understand how cultural differences may affect negotiation and how to turn them in your favour
- Ability to gain insights and use tactics to change the balance of power
- Apply flexibility in handling different communication style and personality
- Achieve positive outcomes through effective negotiation and influencing strategy
- Using ICON approach for negotiation
- Probe for INTERESTS
- Use CRITERIA to understand and persuade
- Generate possible OPTIONS
- Identify NO-AGREEMENT alternatives
- Probe for INTERESTS
- Negotiation planning process to be used in a range of situations
- A “Toolbox” on influencing skills:
- Reciprocity, Scarcity, Authority, Consistency, Liking, Consensus
- Case studies and discussions
- There will be some pre-reading required for this programme, to prepare for the case study.
Who should attend
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors