Who should attend
This programme is best suited for senior managers who want to enhance their negotiation skills. It is recommended most specifically for group managers, business managers, and functional managers.
About the course
Negotiation is a broad term that captures any insight for understanding and influencing people. We use negotiation skills in every interaction every day, whether we work in sales, procurement, HR, legal, customer service, project management, change management, diplomacy, law enforcement or in a leadership position. Thus, improving our negotiation skills translates into an opportunity to improve our results in every interaction we have.
However, the vast majority of people do not study negotiation. Rather we pick up a mixed bag of tips and tricks through trial-and-error, and by mimicking others. The result is that we all end up doing similar things, in a predictable manner, which makes us very easy to manipulate. And while we undoubtedly pick up many effective behaviours, we also pick up some ineffective behaviours. Unfortunately, just one bad behaviour can undermine all the good work we do.
How does this Live Virtual programme help?
Executive education redesigned for a radically different world. This programme blends the discipline of the on-campus experience that ISB is renowned for with our global faculty and advanced curriculum. You will gain immediately applicable advanced skills, relevant for the uncertain times we live in.
LIVE Virtual Classrooms
Experience a new way of immersive learning through group discussions, case reviews, peer networking and engaging dialogues.
Awarded by the Centre for Executive Education at ISB, a prestigious B-School ranked among the best in the world, this certificate will be another addition to your accomplishments.
Learn at India’s most research-productive B-School. Gain advanced methodologies to conduct research that holds potential for transformative insights.
Gain exclusive access to premium learning events, speaker series, conferences, and learning sessions and expand your network with ISB’s 40,000+ high-performing alumni community.
Learn how to deliver added value to all partners and stakeholders while you juggle the new work-life balance from the safety of your home.
Learn real-world skills that you can immediately apply to initiate transformation at your organisation, giving it a distinct advantage over competitors.
- Evolve into a negotiation expert able to deliver win-win outcomes
- Gain the negotiation tools to impact your business’ bottom-line
- Deepen your understanding of negotiation styles and applying them effectively
- Reimagine negotiation from multiple perspectives to resolve bottlenecks
- Understand and appreciate the complexities and dynamics in negotiation
- Increase awareness of your own negotiation style
- Understand the mechanics and dynamics of competitive negotiation strategies
- Understand key competitive concepts such as power, concessions, trades and tactics
- Learn to prepare for competitive negotiations
- Understand the limitations and risks associated with competitive negotiation strategies
- Introduction to the mechanics and dynamics of collaborative negotiation strategies
- Understand key collaborative concepts such as interests, options
- Use a framework to prepare and navigate negotiations, whether competitive or collaborative
- Understand key collaborative concepts such as perspective-taking, trust and working relationships
- Learn how to collaborate when there are disputes, conflict or relationship tensions
Filip is a negotiation consultant, lecturer and author. He has taught students at a dozen universities and graduate business schools, provided negotiation services for several negotiation companies, and collaborated with a range of experts in international, commercial and crisis negotiation. In t...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.