Strategies for Conflict Resolution
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Brookings Institution.Full disclaimer.
Every workplace experiences conflict. But persistent disputes can sap your employees’ morale, damage professional relationships and weaken organizational results. Assess your personal conflict style. Identify the behavior patterns you exhibit during stressful situations. Acquire alternative approaches to diagnosing and resolving conflicts. And practice and receive feedback on your new skills.
“The course required me to do some deep reflection, and it provided useful tools. The experience was phenomenal. I feel empowered.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Conflict Management
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Recognize the causes and consequences of conflict
- Examine the basic approaches to conflict management
- Develop critical communication and facilitation skills
- Learn to make sound strategic choices in conflict intervention and resolution
Аrt and Science of Negotiation
Successful negotiation goes well beyond simple influence and persuasion. It requires a finely honed understanding of techniques that help you achieve win-win solutions. During the course, you learn the psychology and practice of effective negotiation; enhance the quality and logic of your negotiation agreements; and, as a result, increase the likelihood of true consensus.
“The course empowered me to reflect on and analyze my negotiation style. I became more aware of the tactics that make other negotiators so effective.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Negotiating
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Apply the theory of negotiation to the practice of finding solutions
- Learn to ask purposeful questions that facilitate group clarity around goals, processes and roles
- Enhance your ability to resolve conflicts that impede healthy internal and external relationships