Who should attend
Professionals who work in HR, talent development, D&I, and any committee member leading a women’s initiative, who are interested in developing or expanding their diversity and inclusion, or more specifically, their women’s initiative. This event is open to both men and women in corporations, not-for-profits and government agencies.
About the course
What does your senior leadership team look like? Do you need a focused effort to promote more women into these roles? With the rising need to create a workplace culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging, it is vital to provide the tools, resources, and space for women to prepare for advancement opportunities, and create an environment that helps them reach their potential.
Using templates and guidelines based on AMA best practices, discover how to identify the organizational business need for a program that fosters leadership skills and growth opportunities to make a lasting change on the participants and your company’s future.
How You Will Benefit
By then end of the day, you will leave with a set of effective strategies, best practices and tools to customize and use with your colleagues as you launch your new, expanded or improved initiative for women.
- Overcome common challenges when creating a women’s initiative
- Identify strategies that prepare women for future leadership opportunities
- Create an engaging, meaningful development program
- Add value for individuals and your overall organization
- Exchange ideas and success strategies during guided discussions, presentations, and supportive feedback sessions with fellow professionals and organizers of AMA’s Women’s Leadership Center.
What You Will Cover
- Clarify why a women’s initiative adds value for your organization
- Set initiative goals and objectives that align to your organization’s strategy
- Map strategies and tactics for achieving needed results
- Identify and expand your network of sponsors, champions, participants, and other stakeholders
- Plan ways to communicate, influence and negotiate any anticipated areas of resistance/conflict
- Develop initiative implementation plan
- Monitor and evaluate success and opportunities for improvement
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.