Who should attend
This programme is recommended for People Professionals across all levels with a remit or interest in strategic workforce planning. This is particularly relevant for people professionals working with the business to determine future capability requirements.
About the course
Enhance your capability and understanding of Strategic Workforce Planning and learn how to determine future capability requirements.
This programme enhances capability and understanding around Strategic Workforce planning for people professionals. People professionals need to have a working understanding of Strategic Workforce Planning as a concept and the methodology required, so they can understand why it is important (in terms of executing the organisational strategy) and the tangible benefits that can be derived from contributing to the process (e.g. more effective and efficient approach to resourcing and the benefits to the business). People professionals need to understand organisational strategy and how to work with the business to translate this into future capability requirements.
In addition to understanding the internal impact on supply and demand People Professionals should have an awareness of external factors such as future of work, market competitors, changing demographics etc and how these components affect supply and demand. You’ll gain the skills required to act as the interface between the business and Strategic Workforce Planning colleagues to cut through ambiguity and supply intelligence to inform future business decisions
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- implement and ‘Deliver’ on the outputs of a strategic workforce plan
- understand the ‘Baseline’ of what your organisation looks like, what is it trying to achieve and why?
- determine ‘Supply’, the historical workforce trends and what is the forecast for the future
- assess ‘Demand’, what drives it and what is the forecast for the future
- create your ‘Gap Analysis’ between supply and demand
- create an ‘Action Plan’ on the best way to close the gap.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.