Who should attend
HR professionals and/or Managers who already understand the concept of workforce planning and want to enhance this practice to a strategic level within their organisation.
About the course
Workforce planning is a business process to align changing business and people strategies. It needs to be evidenced-based using analytical tools to provide key leaders with the insights to make informed decisions on how to ensure the right people have the right skills at the right time in the right place at the right cost. It provides a baseline to build a sustainable process to compliment corporate business plans and one which allows both interactive modelling of scenarios.
This two-day course features the use of interactive tools and techniques to run analyses across component elements of both demand and supply criteria for your workforce strategy. These days provide good practice case study examples on how these models work in practice. We’ve also invited an award-winning guest speaker to discuss workforce analytics on day 2 of this workshop, who will illustrate organisational examples of high-impact interventions which build off the strategic workforce planning analytics.
If you have attended the one-day Introduction to Workforce planning course then this two-day advanced course is a natural progression to learn how to use interactive tools and templates to run analyses across component elements of both demand and supply criteria for your workforce strategy.
By the end of this two-day course you’ll be able to:
- collate data inputs within your organisation
- identify the tools required to carry out workforce planning
- understand demand planning and workforce analytics
- build holistic models
- create governance
- consider employee engagement and talent retention in your strategy
- address diversity and inclusion
- understand the implications of supply planning
- create a workforce planning strategy
- integrate strategic HR interventions
- implement your workforce plan.
Day 1 – applying strategic workforce analytics
Collate data inputs within your organisation
- Review of required data collation
- Identification of business sponsors/stakeholders.
Identify tools required to carry out workforce planning
- Using excel as a starting point
- What can HR information systems do for strategic workforce planning?
- How to utilise best-in-class add-ons.
Understand demand planning and workforce analytics
- Case studies and exercises
- What data do we really need?
- Trend and shape analyses.
Building holistic models
- How people analytics has evolved to become a guiding force
- Critiquing business plans from a people perspective (stress-testing)
- Case study.
- Setting out ground rules
- Start date for analysis – avoiding moving targets
- Moratorium on role/people changes
- Playback and agreement.
Day 2 – creating business value via insights
Employee engagement and talent retention
- Exercise in measuring attrition and improving retention.
Addressing diversity and inclusion
- Beyond words – analysing the facts.
- Understanding the labour market and unexploited sources of talent
- Case study – sourcing scarce talent.
Strategic workforce planning
- Creating your model
- Templates/reports/challenge and consulting
- Creating the story and interpreting the insights.
Creating integrated strategic HR interventions
- Succession planning and talent reviews
- Assessing potential
- High-impact recruitment
- Active employee engagement.
Implementing the workforce plan
- Templates for implementation and action plans
- Pulse checks
Dashboards for monitoring.
Esther has recently set up her own HR Consultancy offering Business Savvy Commercial skills, solutions and insights to Senior Leaders and HR teams. Sharing her vast business knowledge, commercial experience and people development skills. She draws upon a wealth of practical and operational experi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.