About the course
This course presents concepts related to the marketing planning process for a wine business. It is organized around the steps involved in developing a marketing plan for a wine business. Topics to be addressed include an introduction to wine marketing concepts, market segmentation and targeting, the steps in brand creation, marketing implications of packaging decisions, integrated communication strategy, direct to consumer sales, and distribution strategy. The culminating project is the creation of a marketing and sales plan for the launch of a new wine business.
- LO1: Describe important wine consumer segments .
- LO2: Create a wine brand to appeal to a chosen target market.
- LO3: Understand the marketing implications of package design.
- LO4: Coordinate promotional elements of advertising, public relations, and special events.
- LO5: Understand the complexities of wine distribution at the distributor and retail levels.
- LO6: Create a distribution and sales strategy utilizing distributors and/or direct to consumer methods.
- LO7: Describe key aspects of tasting room management.
- LO8: Integrate wine marketing into a broader wine tourism context.
- LO9: Describe the steps to importing and exporting wine.
- LO10: Create a draft marketing and sales plan.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.