Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This level provides an introduction to wine marketing terminology and concepts, including the steps in brand creation, packaging decisions, integrated communication strategy, navigating the three tier distribution channels, and direct to consumer sales. Topics of tasting room management, wine tourism, importing, and exporting wine are also presented. The culminating project is the creation of a marketing and sales plan for the launch of a new wine business.
- LO1: Describe important wine consumer segments .
- LO2: Create a wine brand to appeal to a chosen target market.
- LO3: Understand the marketing implications of package design.
- LO4: Coordinate promotional elements of advertising, public relations, and special events.
- LO5: Understand the complexities of wine distribution at the distributor and retail levels.
- LO6: Create a distribution and sales strategy utilizing distributors and/or direct to consumer methods.
- LO7: Describe key aspects of tasting room management.
- LO8: Integrate wine marketing into a broader wine tourism context.
- LO9: Describe the steps to importing and exporting wine.
- LO10: Create a draft marketing and sales plan.