Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Team leaders, managers and executives.
About the course
Get skills for coaching employees to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams!
During times that would challenge even the most resilient and experienced managers, it’s never been more important to have an arsenal of tools, techniques and best practices for coaching employees. This seminar gives them to you—from analyzing the cause of subpar performance to creating a climate for effective employee coaching and learning…from giving corrective feedback to handling difficult responses to coaching. You’ll leave this three-day seminar more aware of your personal habits, styles and preferences when you are coaching employees, through assessments, role plays and exercises.
How You Will Benefit
- Confront difficult situations with confidence
- Develop a team environment that fosters synergy
- Reinforce the behavior and motivation of peak performers
- Turn around disruptive behavior
- Build the trust and rapport necessary for coaching employees effectively
- Learn how to listen with an empathetic ear and encourage open, two-way communication
What You Will Cover
- What leaders do…why leaders need to be coaches
- Obstacles to coaching: the three-part coaching process
- Creating a climate of trust and confidence
- How to sustain trust when you confront poor performance
- How to be confident in the face of a difficult challenge
- Guiding a dialogue on performance
- The delegation process…difficulties of delegation…signs of poor delegation
- Why leader-coaches must be teachers and trainers: six learning styles
- Guiding the development of a performance improvement plan
- Describe Why Leaders Must Be Adept at Coaching
- Be an Intuitive Listener
- Build a High-Performing Team That Trusts You
- Describe the Two Phases of the Coaching Process
- Be a Teaching Leader Who Empowers Their Team
- Use the Four Communication Styles Flexibly
- Conduct Great Coaching Sessions Using Excellent Open-Ended Questions
Coaching and Leadership
- Define Coaching
- Understand the Distinction Between Coaching by Leaders and Coaching by Managers
- Be Inspired by the Business Case for Coaching
- Give Yourself a Preliminary Leadership Assessment
- Introduction to Coaching as a Leader
- Understand the Straight A’s of Coaching
- Learn and Begin to Use the Facilitative Approach to Coaching
- Comprehend the Relevance of People, Performance and Process
- Better Tap into Your Emotional Intelligence and the EI or EQ of Others
Five Foundational Skills
- Be an Ethical, Inspiring Role Model
- Learn and Embody the Platinum Rule
- Build a Culture of Trust
- Become an Excellent, Intuitive Listener
- Understand the Nuances of Having a Dialogue
Teaching and What’s Your Style?
- Teach Your Managers More
- Alter Your Style to Better Interact with Others
GUIDE: Understanding the Current Situation
- Learn the First Three Parts of the AMA GUIDE to Coaching Model
- Practice Coaching These First Three Parts
- Experience What It’s Like to Be Coached Using the GUIDE Model
GUIDE: Enabling the Change Process
- Understand the Last Two Parts of the GUIDE Coaching Model
- Practice Coaching These Last Two Parts
- Debrief on How It Went and Discuss Lessons Learned and Areas for Additional Improvement
Full GUIDE Round and Team Coaching
- Experience a Full GUIDE Coaching Round (as a Coach and a Person Being Coached)
- Learn Best Practices for Team Coaching
- Participate in or Witness a Team Coaching Demo
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.