Who should attend
This program will benefit mid- to senior-level managers whose role is to exercise critical strategic thinking skills within their areas of operation or at the broader enterprise level. Those who have direct influence over their organization or unit’s strategy will find this program beneficial.
This program is an excellent fit for executives from companies, governments, and nonprofit organizations who are experiencing disruption and are seeking to move forward.
Leaders from most job titles and functions will find this program beneficial including entrepreneurs, consultants, and general managers. Those in various roles such as marketing, business development, new product development, operations, technology, research, and finance will find this program beneficial.
About the course
Disruptive forces have accelerated digital technology trends, and these trends are providing significant forms of innovation. In this program, you’ll gain the strategic thinking skills to explore why these trends create new customer value and how to navigate your organization for success.
Technological and digital advancements have changed the playing field. From mobile banking to transportation to e-commerce, seemingly every industry has been affected. While some organizations are making small incremental changes, bold forward thinkers are discovering new uncharted markets that competitors failed to recognize. Being able to envision the unthinkable requires a strategic mindset with an intent to change the game.
In this program, participants will gain the strategic frameworks to anticipate threats and explore new opportunities deliberately. Attendees will evaluate business models that incorporate disruptive innovation to seize high-potential markets yet discovered. You'll gain the strategic thinking tools to identify value drivers, evaluate repressed markets, and determine where the higher value lies in the future.
When you leave this program, you'll be better prepared to align innovation with your business strategy, push creative boundaries, and improve your strategic thinking skills to analyze factors for long-term sustainable growth.
By attending, you will:
- Gain the strategic frameworks to anticipate threats, vulnerabilities, and deliberately explore new opportunities
- Learn how to access your current business strategy and the role disruptive innovation may have in your strategy
- Explore how digital disruptors have created value drivers for organizations resulting in long-term sustainable growth
- Learn how to stretch your thinking with scenario analysis designed to generate an open-minded approach to idea generation, as well as help explore unimagined future market changes
- Grow your strategic skills in problem-solving that involves objective analysis, thinking ahead, and forecasting
Our live-online programs are delivered in a synchronous format where you'll engage with faculty, industry leaders, and a global set of peers in an interactive, high-impact virtual environment. Often, these programs blend live sessions with activities or projects, and readings to deepen one's understanding of the materials. The benefit to this format is that you'll receive Booth's rigorous content in short, digestible sessions held multiple times weekly and span over a few weeks.
Participants should expect to commit a total of 4-6 hours per week to this program.
This program includes four interactive, live-online sessions. Live-Sessions are held from 9 am - 12 pm CT on Mondays and Wednesdays.
This program includes a live-virtual networking session, where participants will have an opportunity to introduce themselves to the cohort and share their work experience, as well as their most significant business challenge they are currently facing. Booth team members will host these forums, and will help continue post live-forum discussions onto the program's online discussion boards.
Business Strategy Clarification and Assessment
- Strategy fundamentals and frameworks
- Customer value proposition, target customer segments, and critical capabilities
Outcome-Based Approach to Customer Value Creation and Innovation
- Business model innovation
Identifying and Responding to Technological Change
- Industry changes impacting your business/organization
- Identification of new emerging markets and prospective market disruptions
Outside-In Mindset through Scenario-Based Thinking
- Framework for analyzing trends and developing alternate future scenarios
- Scenario-based strategy development
Marc J. Knez studies strategic and organizational decision making, strategic planning, and market analysis. His academic research evolved from a focus on applying game theory and decision theory to strategic decisionmaking to a focus on market analysis, strategy development, and organizational st...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.