Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
A company’s medium- to long-term strategy should not be left to a small number of executives who are at the top of the organizational hierarchy. Instead, due to the continuous emergence of new opportunities and threats that requires much higher levels of strategic agility, it has become imperative that mid- to senior-level executives across functional areas can exercise critical strategic thinking skills within their areas of operation and at the broader enterprise level. Hence, this program will benefit mid- to senior-level executives who have direct control or influence over their companies’ or business units’ strategy.
About the course
In this two-day program, executives will develop the strategic thinking skills to recognize how industry changes are impacting their businesses—and determine the critical capabilities required to preserve and grow their businesses as these disruptive changes occur.
The combination of the emerging digital revolution and disruptive geo-political forces has created a new reality for companies across most industries: whatever your business strategy is today, it will likely need to be different three to five years from now. Hence, executives require a broader and deeper set of strategic thinking skills that extend well beyond their specific areas of expertise.
In this two-day strategic thinking program, participants will learn critical concepts and frameworks that will help them and their companies anticipate these changes and have the strategic agility to effectively respond through making the necessary changes in their strategies.
By attending this program, you will:
- Learn how to assess the alignment of your current strategy and current and future market conditions.
- Develop the ability to separate the type of value (or outcomes) you provide to your customers from how you provide such value as a basis for innovation.
- Learn how to apply basic concepts from scenario analysis to generate a more disciplined and open-minded approach to predicting future changes in market conditions.
Business Strategy Clarification and Assessment
- Strategy fundamentals and frameworks
- Customer value proposition, target customer segments, and critical capabilities
Outcome-Based Approach to Customer Value
- Creation and Innovation
- Business model innovation framework
Identifying and Responding to Technological Change
- Industry changes impacting your business/organization
- Identification of new emerging markets and prospective market disruptions
Outside-In Mindset through Scenario-Based Thinking
- Framework for analyzing trends and developing alternate future scenarios
- Scenario-based strategy development
Marc J. Knez studies strategic and organizational decision making, strategic planning, and market analysis. His academic research evolved from a focus on applying game theory and decision theory to strategic decisionmaking to a focus on market analysis, strategy development, and organizational st...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.