Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Participants will learn a variety of frameworks to examine the competitive environment and assess the relative position of their organisations to identify early signs of disruption.
This programme is ideal for:
- CXOs responsible for short- and long-term strategy, growth and business continuity at the firm level
- Mid- to Senior-Level Management Executives responsible for building a strategic roadmap that is adaptable for any market environment
- Corporate Strategy Heads who need to monitor and report on new growth opportunities, areas for achieving efficiency and advising organisational strategy
- Strategy Consultants advising clients on business transformation and growth, as well as mapping out business recovery strategies.
About the course
Business decision-making in the 21st century implies governing through global disruptions, whether it be a pandemic, an environmental disaster or a geopolitical event. More than ever, organisations now require corporate strategies that are adaptable; as these events affect the entire ecosystem.
In this eight-week programme, taught through video lectures, discussions, live webinars and application exercises, you will learn to develop and execute strategies to create and maintain competitive advantage, particularly during a highly uncertain environment.
You will discuss the core principles and practices associated with strategy formulation, evaluation and execution, as well as learning how to use strategic frameworks, models and tools to formulate, evaluate and improve strategies. Over the course of the programme you will also analyse using case studies, critical, real-world business situations, while learning how to develop creative, strategic solutions.
- Module 1: Introduction to strategy
- Module 2: Frameworks for creating breakthrough strategies
- Module 3: Good vs. bad strategy in the 21st century
- Module 4: Beyond industries: strategy in ecosystems
- Module 5: Growth, competition and mergers & acquisitions
- Module 6: Corporate strategy: new ways of conceptualising it
- Module 7: Emergent strategies
- Module 8: Execution and implementation of strategy
- Learn the key principles of strategy formulation, implementation and execution
- Learn how to use strategic frameworks, models and tools in order to to formulate, evaluate and improve your strategy
- Learn how to develop creative, strategic solutions in your own organisation, through the analysis of real-world case studies
- Learn how to identify the inflection points that are the harbingers of large, systemic changes, such as digital transformation and pandemics.
Reader in Strategy & Policy Race & Inclusion Champion, University of Cambridge PhD (McGill University) Research interests Social and institutional change and stability; technological shifts in society; emergence of new markets; socio-economic changes in South Asia and Africa; economic ...
Professor of Strategy & Innovation Professorial Fellow of St Edmund''s College MPhil, PhD (University of Cambridge) Research interests Institutional processes and diffusion of practices; social and environmental issues, technological and management innovations; value creation and new marke...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.