Strategic Thinking and Leadership — Middle East
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wharton School of Business.Full disclaimer.
The path to success in a highly competitive and fast-growing global market is filled with obstacles. The challenge for leaders is to identify, create, and sustain a competitive advantage in a global environment. Strategic Thinking and Leadership provides you with grounding in business frameworks to enable you to drive change, moving strategy from concept to reality. This program reflects Wharton’s deep commitment to global strategy research and complements Executing Growth Strategies, which focuses on gaining competitive advantage through selection and execution of various growth opportunities.
Program Highlights & Benefits
- Assess the strategic impact of competitors' moves
- Gain new insights on the role of acquisitions, alliances, and divestitures in creating greater shareholder value
- Accelerate your development of leadership skills
Experience & Impact
You will learn to develop and sustain competitive advantage in an increasingly globalized and highly competitive landscape, enhancing the skills you need to lead and execute a strategic plan in your organization. In addition, you will obtain insights into why organizations succeed and fail in global markets, and put new knowledge to the test in a leadership simulation.
You will learn to:
- Assess the strategic impact of competitors' moves.
- Gain new insights on the role of acquisitions, alliances, and divestitures in creating greater shareholder value.
- Accelerate your development of leadership skills.
Strategic Thinking and Leadership combines faculty presentations, case analyses and hands-on exercises. You will examine how other companies have succeeded in highly-competitive markets, and devise a strategic plan and build leadership for your own organization by drawing on the best of what Western and Asian research and experience have to offer.
Among the 10 rigorous program sessions, Strategic Thinking and Leadership topics include:
- Strategy Formulation and Development of Business Plans
- Identifying, Creating, and Sustaining a Competitive Advantage
- Corporate Growth via Acquisitions and Alliances
- Selecting Leaders and Developing Talent
Who should attend
High-potential business executives with at least 10 years of work experience and a proven record of advancement are ideal candidates for this program. Executives who are moving into strategic planning or more general management roles may also benefit.