Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This one day course is part of the 3 day Certificate in Strategic Management and the 12 day Management Essential Program. While the course is designed to be independent in nature, please consider whether maximum value can be obtained by taking it as part of a broader program.
The course will provide you an understanding of how organizations can create a strategic plan to gain a competitive advantage in their industry. You will be exposed to concepts of blue ocean thinking, competitive advantage, vision / mission, core competency, environmental forces. You will also be exposed to a strategic planning tool called the “Wall” which is designed to help individuals in organizations map out their strategic plan.
You will walk away with some key concepts as it relates to why strategy is needed and how they can achieve the results they want.
What You Will Learn:
- What is competitive advantage and how you can obtain it in your industry
- How to identify opportunities and threats facing your industry
- How to identify and develop core competencies in your organization
- Create strategic plans that build upon your organization’s strengths and that align to your vision
Who should attend
- Mid-level to senior managers
- Anyone in the organization that has responsibilities for creating strategic plans (all sectors & industries welcome)