Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The course will provide you an understanding of how organizations can create a strategic plan to gain a competitive advantage in their industry. You will be exposed to concepts of blue ocean thinking, competitive advantage, vision / mission, core competency, environmental forces. You will also be exposed to a strategic planning tool called the “Wall” which is designed to help individuals in organizations map out their strategic plan.
You will walk away with some key concepts as it relates to why strategy is needed and how they can achieve the results they want.
- What is competitive advantage and how you can obtain it in your industry
- How to identify opportunities and threats facing your industry
- How to identify and develop core competencies in your organization
- Create strategic plans that build upon your organization’s strengths and that align to your vision
Who should attend
- Mid-level to senior managers
- Anyone in the organization that has responsibilities for creating strategic plans (all sectors & industries welcome)
Trust the experts
Marvin Washington is the Academic Director in the Executive Program and the Alberta Health Services Executive Leadership program with the Executive Education Faculty at the Alberta School of Business. Dr. Washington’s research, teaching, and consulting focus is on processes of organizational and ...