Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
About the course
During the last two decades, many within-firm improvement strategies have been attempted: materials requirements planning (MRP), manufacturing resource planning (MRP II), business process reengineering (BPR), enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, total quality management (TQM), Six-Sigma, lean operations, etc. The emphasis is now shifting to supply chain efforts i.e., inter-firm improvement strategies, to ensure a coordinated response from the entire supply chain.
Competing effectively in the new market place requires an up-to-date knowledge of best practices in supply chain integration in various areas: collaborative design of products and services, design for logistics, inter-organisational demand forecasting, coordinated inventory management, new ways of partnering with key suppliers and distributors, and strategic sourcing. The arrival of Internet-based information technologies has also created unprecedented opportunities to improve inter-firm communication and coordination, and this programme will cover effective application of information systems to realise supply chain integration
Benefits to You
Learn global best-practices in supply chain management and how to organise and implement supply chain improvement efforts to:
- improve your customer service levels and gain market share
- design better product and service offerings
- improve quality
- reduce costs for you and your supply chain partners
- reduce lead times, inventories and waste
- improve agility and responsiveness in global, dynamic markets
- Supply Chain Strategy and Organising for Supply Chain Improvements
- Integrated Design of Products, Services, and Processes
- Supply Chain Reconfiguration
- Supply Chain Simulation Game
- Collaborative Forecasting, Inventory Management and Operations
- Design of Distribution Systems
- Purchasing Initiatives: Strategic Sourcing and E-procurement
- Case Discussion
- Supply Chain Continuous Improvement
- Industry Best-Practices
Education PhD, University of Cincinnati MBA, McMaster University, Canada BTech, Indian Institute of Technology Background Suresh's work is primarily in the field of manufacturing and operations management. He has published widely in academic and professional journals, and has presented numerous...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.