Who should attend
This unit is aimed at leaders and strategic decision makers in organisations,and complements an existing understanding of marketing principles. It is also suitable for MBA students.
About the course
The return-on-investment of social media is that your business will exist in 5 years.
Social media has a role to play in every organisation, in every industry. It enables engagement with a range of stakeholders not possible on any other marketing channel. It also enables access to market information not possible on any other marketing channel. It is about far more than just the technology, though, and that is what this program will cover.
This program will cut through the hype around social media at a tactical level, and shed light on the strategic issues in social media marketing. Social media is not about Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. It is about a paradigm shift in marketing and business generally that requires significant strategic change.
- Digital transformation
- Organisational transformation
- Drivers of change
- Hubspot inbound marketing
- Fundamentals of social media marketing
- Managing social media marketing
- Integrated digital marketing
- Customer and stakeholder engagement
- Defining and establishing a social media presence
- Conveying and promoting messages on social media
- Content marketing
- Connecting and converting stakeholders on social media
- Social media monitoring
- Social media KPIs
- Social CRM
- Evaluation and return on investment (ROI).
As a result of this program participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills around social media in marketing and the organisation
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills around the theory underpinning social media
- Understand how to develop an organisational culture appropriate for modern marketing
- Understand how to develop a marketing strategy facilitative of customer engagement
- Evaluate and analyse the metrics that indicate a return on investment from social media.
I have been at UWA since July 2012. Before this, I was a Lecturer in Marketing at the University of Southampton in the UK from 2008-2012. I have also been an Adjunct Professor at IESEG School of Management in France since 2011. My PhD, awarded 2008, is from Ulster University in the UK. I have co...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.