Who should attend
This program is designed for sales managers who want establish winning ground rules for profitable strategy, as well as experienced leaders looking to fast-track their sales careers. It also speaks to small business owners that need to expand or streamline their paths to profit and executives who support or rely on sales managers to meet their revenue goals.
About the course
Most sales managers plan effective customer outreach and do their best to rally passion among their teams. The most successful also act as development partners for their organizations, aligning on-the-ground habits of team members with high-level, long-view strategy.
At a Glance
Exceed your targets, foster long-term growth and increase your bottom line when you create customized sales goals in sync with long-term corporate strategy. In Strategic Sales Management, you'll learn how to maximize existing resources, identify and attract your most profitable customers, and track your progress against internal and competitor benchmarks to improve your process over time.
Expand your awareness of the many ways sales can accelerate your business when you analyze big-picture strategy for its practical components. You'll learn how to bridge the gap between corporate revenue targets and actionable initiatives for your sales team. You'll examine your ideal customers for missed opportunities and learn how to use analytics to provide a more satisfying customer experience. You'll share your sales pitches, pipelines and motivational tactics with experts in the field, who will provide individual feedback to sharpen them and help you define the most effective practices for your sales force.
Where You'll Excel
- Pinpoint the impact of your sales team's activities on your organization's go-to-market strategies and brainstorm ways to improve it.
- Learn how to sell what your customers actually want while energizing corporate support for your sales force.
- Choose the right metrics to track your sales efforts and provide clear guidance to higher profits.
- Explore the intersection of sales, marketing and new technologies to eliminate duplication of efforts and supercharge customer outreach.
Schedule & Topics
- Aligning Sales Strategies With Corporate Revenue Targets
- Developing Profitable Customer Relationships
- Strategic Account Management
- Designing Solutions for Enterprise Customers
- Motivating the Sales Force
- Understanding the Major Accounts Buying Process
- Developing Metrics and Tracking Sales Performance
- Pipeline Management
- Integrating Sales and Marketing
You'll walk away from Strategic Sales Management with:
- The best sales management strategy for your organization, as chosen by you from best-in-class standards outlined by industry experts
- A customized Customer Value Proposition around which you can align your sales team and corporate strategists
- New ways to nurture existing customers and guarantee long-term growth
- Techniques to motivate your team members that capitalize on your natural strengths
- Account management benchmarks that build more profitable customer relationships and support your organization's long-term strategy
Michael Ahearne is professor of marketing and C.T. Bauer Chair in Marketing at the University of Houston. He is also executive director of the Sales Excellence Institute. Mike’s research has primarily focused on improving the performance of salespeople and sales organizations. He has published mo...
Education: B.S., Boston University; MA, University of Michigan; Ph.D., Yale University Tom Steenburgh is the Paul M. Hammaker Professor of Business Administration at the Darden Graduate School of Business. He is the course head for the First Year Marketing course in the MBA program and is the f...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.