Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are a business leader, experienced manager or high-potential executive aspiring to lead change amid uncertainty and drive your organization to become future-proof.
You are keen to explore the opportunities brought by technology and disruption together with peers from diverse functions, industries and cultures.
You want to understand how your business can reinvent itself to remain relevant and outlast competition in a world that’s changing quickly.
You want to explore your role in the new normal and discover how you can reshape your environment and expand your scope of influence within your organization.
About the course
- Gain real-time, actionable insights on organizations thriving amid uncertainty
- Capture immediate growth opportunities through leveraging AI and smart machines
- Discover how to cultivate and lead innovation to leapfrog competitors
- Develop a concrete strategy and action plan for growth
- Accelerate your growth by building resilience and expanding your scope of influence
Strategic Resilience: Leap from business survival to future-readiness
Change is the only constant for every business today. Faced with uncertainty, how can businesses remain resilient?
During the pandemic, many companies have collapsed. Others are struggling to survive. And yet, some are thriving. What makes some companies more resilient than others is their ability to understand their foundational knowledge. They have made the leap from old to new ahead of time.
What is strategic resilience?
Strategic resilience helps companies to recover quickly in times of disruption and become future ready.
This is possible only when you filter out the noise and gain clarity. You can then uncover what impacts your organization and make decisions based on reality.
If you are a leader who wants to be inspired and learn how to emerge stronger from challenges, then this program is for you.
Strategic Resilience in a Disrupted World is a fully virtual program, enabling you to have an interactive and immersive IMD learning experience from anywhere in the world via state-of-the-art classroom technology.
The program is organized into four sessions spread over two weeks and led by IMD Professor Howard Yu. Each session includes a 2-hour liVe Virtual class with Professor Howard Yu and a self-paced session of 1-2 hours, featuring a mixture of synchronous group interactions, pair discussions, individual assignments, asynchronous videos and reading materials, which are completed between sessions to enhance the learning experience and the application of newly acquired insights.
Learning experience: designed for impact
Bite-sized knowledge for improved learning outcomes
- Micro-learning focused on knowledge retention and actionable insights
Immediately applicable learning
- Program grounded in practical assignments to enhance immediate application of learning
Dynamic and interactive sessions in real-time
- Unprecedented learning experience with world class instruction and peer interaction, enabled by popular videoconferencing technology
Built-in collaboration tools for maximum interaction
- Live Q&A and polling, and breakout debriefings with faculty and coaches
Enhanced networking opportunities to maximize your connections
- High level of peer engagement in a virtual community setting, regular breakout activities and small group collaborations
Easy-to-use videoconferencing technology
- Smooth user experience and seamless interaction
Howard Yu is the LEGO® Professor of Management and Innovation as well as the director of IMD's signature program, Advanced Management Program (AMP). He is the author of the award-winning book LEAP: How to Thrive in a World Where Everything Can Be Copied. In 2015, Professor Yu was selected by Po...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.