Strategic Renewal and Change
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Stephen M. Ross School of Business.Full disclaimer.
In a world of accelerating change, implementing strategy and organizational transformation to remain competitive and win is an increasing imperative. Yet 70% of change initiatives fail. To empower your organization to reach new performance levels join other executives in learning new leadership processes, behaviors and competencies to renew and sustain transformations.
Emphasis is on change interventions that have impact in establishing core corporate values, instilling a sense of urgency, motivating employees, gaining buy-in and meeting the shifting needs of the increasingly competitive global environment. The course provides practical models, concepts and skills related to creating a vision for change; organizational diagnosis, design and alignment, particularly across national borders; and human resources development that facilitate an executive's ability to lead change and reinforce new behaviors. Leaders from start-ups to state owned enterprises will benefit from cases and current examples of leading companies including GE, Nokia, Samsung, Tata, Apple and many others.
"Sometimes the most difficult leadership challenge is not fighting the competition, but telling your people it's time to change."
A major objective of the course is not only to formulate high performance and organizational change, but to implement and execute change successfully, particularly in situations requiring strategic renewal to address competition and the shifting global environment.
You will gain an organizational mindset as you build upon, integrate and apply change principles. Key to success today is learning how to influence across business, functional and international borders, while successfully operating in a multicultural environment. You will have an opportunity to overcome the challenges of organizational expansion and apply change concepts and techniques in a Strategic Renewal Simulation where you will focus on creating change interventions that will have measurable impact when you apply them back on your job.
ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Why most change initiatives fail
- Theories of change implementation
- Practical examples of successful change transformations
- The Secrets to Successful Strategy Execution
- Creating a sense of urgency
- Starting with mutual engagement
- Building a responsive and sustainable organization
REINFORCING NEW BEHAVIORS
- Accelerate! - John P. Kotter, HBR
- Aligning goals and financial measures with new behaviors
CONVERSION OF STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES
- Case: "Privatization of the Tiger Leaping House in Nanjing, PRC"
- Have You Restructured for Global Success?
- Mobilizing and inspiring behavior to achieve results
STRATEGIC RENEWAL SIMULATION
- An interactive exercise to apply lessons and develop actual change programs to implement in your own organizations. An opportunity to test drive organizational change initiatives and apply skills to successfully influence other managers in a global organization.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the need for strategic renewal and change and know the best approach to achieve it;
- Lead strategic renewal initiatives with confidence to address dynamic environments;
- Mobilize adaptive behaviour on the part of employees in order to drive change;
- Align human capabilities with an organization's strategy for achieving and maintaining outstanding performance; and
- Gain a jump start on implementing practical organizational change in their own organization.
Who should attend
Strategic renewal is a challenge for executives in every business and function in today's world. If your organization is going through transformation to address dynamic market or competitive challenges, implementing strategies to address renewal, restructuring or change is essential. Executives who will be leading change need to learn the latest concepts and turn change theory into practice.