Who should attend
The Strategy Consultants' Approach to Problem Solving is designed for:
- managers responsible for policy making
- strategic planning / corporate development staff
- internal consultants
- external consultants.
About the course
Improve your problem-solving skills during this two-day programme. This programme will boost your effectiveness in finding solutions to strategic business problems. You will learn a variety of best practice methods and techniques as developed by top global management consulting firms such as McKinsey & Company and BCG.
Turn problems into solutions
In two days you will learn how to identify a problem, how to handle the planning, communication, and the successful implementation of your solution. Before the start of the programme, you will be asked to identify a strategic issue you face in your work. Together with faculty and peers, you will work on defining an approach to solving it.
During the programme, you will:
- gain more confidence as your ‘toolbox’ of available solutions for business problems grows
- learn the business problem-solving methods and techniques used by top management consulting firms
- understand how to use these methods and techniques, its limitations and common pitfalls
- practise your newly gained skills via case discussions, small group exercises, and presentations.
Marc Baaij is an associate professor of strategic management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam. In addition, he is the academic director of RSM's Executive Master of Science in Business Administration programme. Marc's research interests include: multinational corpo...
James Parker is a Partner at Parma Consulting Group, and has more than 20 years experience in consulting and managing professional organisations. He worked for McKinsey in North America, UK and the Netherlands, was a founding partner of Mitchell Madison Group, and Managing Partner of Boer & C...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.