Who should attend
The program is designed for executives and managers in B2B and service and consumer markets who are responsible for the design, evaluation, implementation or communication of pricing decisions. Previous participants are from diverse sectors, such as ICT, SaaS, Retail, Consulting, Mining, Construction, Energy, Industrial Machinery, Banking, Media and Process Manufacturing.
The program is especially beneficial for companies who:
- are looking for points of difference through new pricing models,
- are exploring new methods for the introduction of new products or services, and
- aim to succeed in measuring and communicating the right value to customers.
About the course
Pricing Decisions Can Truly Make or Break A Company's Bottom Line
Strategic Pricing is an executive program that looks at pricing from a strategic management perspective. The program proposes alternative approaches that lead to better pricing decisions with a direct impact on a company’s financial performance.
Participants will leave the program with a better understanding of the key parameters and the crucial factors for setting better prices, and with a set of clear tools and frameworks which can be easily implemented to improve the company’s pricing strategy.
The program helps participants to gain a strategic and holistic view of pricing and how to create value through various pricing strategies and improve the quality of your company’s pricing processes. Participants will learn the drivers and impact of pricing power and psychological pricing, and identify the best arguments to defend the value of a product or service with confidence.
Improve competitive position
Identify opportunities to maximize the value
Gain new ideas to introduce new products and services
Improve revenue initiative through accelerated learning experiences
Design smart sales promotion campaigns that boost sales
Integrate monetization policies within the marketing mix
By attending the program, you will also
- Address the constraints that shape a comprehensive monetization strategy
- Distinguish the different roles that price can play in a market
- Design a revenue model that complements the broader organizational objectives
- Determine the proper role of costs, competitors and customers in setting the “right” price, while avoiding passive pricing mistakes
- Respond sensibly to competition and the forces of commoditization
- Identify opportunities for price customization that are palatable to customers
- Understand how to track, quantify and communicate value
Contents and Schedule
The Strategic Pricing program combines the latest theoretical research in the area of pricing with real cases, where practical knowledge can be drawn from the successes and failures experienced by other companies.
During the three days, participants will acquire knowledge from a variety of examples from both business and consumer markets in a comprehensive manner using both practical workshops and traditional teaching methods.
Drivers and Impact of Pricing Power
- Pricing as a durable competitive advantage
- Lessons learned from top performers
- Starting the pricing power journey
- Getting pricing visibility for higher efficiency
A Roadmap for Superior Value Extraction
- Value creation and extraction: a deep dive into value-based pricing
- Pricing optimization in an algorithmic world
- 360º impact measurement
Guidelines for a superior pricing strategy
- Moving forward – how to change the revenue and pricing strategy in practice
- Value pricing – real case of pricing to value
- Marketing and selling value – changing the marketing paradigm and looking at real cases of value communication
Dr. Pekka Mattila serves as a Professor of Practice at the Aalto University School of Business. He works frequently with both European and Asian executive audiences on themes of strategic management and agility, strategy co-creation, business model innovation, executive leadership, top team dynam...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.