Strategic Operations Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
The dynamic and globally competitive nature of the business environment requires operations leaders to align their efforts for effective business strategy execution. There is a need for operations leaders to move beyond traditional manufacturing and operations LEAN type initiatives to proactive thinking, operations strategy design and decision making to support business strategy deployment and long term competitive positioning.
Objectives to be Achieved:
- Align operations improvements with business strategy to support growth
- Build strategic thinking into operations excellence efforts
- Appreciate the contemporary challenges that operations leaders need to deal with in dynamic environment
- Current strategies for improved operations competitiveness
The program will be conducted through the use of a combination of mini-focus case discussions and opportunities for participants to apply strategic tools to their operations context. The goal being to get participants to start thinking, evaluating and setting strategic priorities for their organization operations functions.
Key Topics Covered:
- Strategy and operations management linkage
- Contemporary operations challenges in “VUCA” environment (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous)
- Strategic operations capabilities improvement through process management
- Operations performance measurement and evaluation in line with strategy
- Strategic cost management for manufacturing competitiveness
- Operations risk management
- Operations talent management for strategy execution
Who should attend
Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality and Operations Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents rested to improve the performance of the people and teams they lead.