Who should attend
This course is designed for managers and executives who aspire to or have limited experience of managing marketing at a strategic level. It provides an introduction and overview of the key activities necessary for successful longer-term strategic marketing decision-making to achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
About the course
Strategic marketing focuses on how to develop competitive advantage through the drivers of shareholder value. Delivering value to your business requires insight into your changing marketplace and decisions regarding how to match your organisation’s distinctive capabilities with value opportunities. Being able to do this is the key for many marketers to increase their contribution and influence in the organisation.
- Strategic marketing defined: a decision-making process for generating a strategic change perspective. What it is, what it involves and how it relates to and differs from corporate strategy and tactical marketing
- Strategic analysis tools and how to apply them to generate insights, including the BCG/GE Portfolio matrices and TOWS analysis
- Growth strategy including market penetration, market development, new product development and diversification
- Frameworks for competitive advantage and brand position development
- How to write a one page marketing strategy statement
- How to critically assess a strategic marketing plan
- Action planning and review
With a wealth of training experience, Debbie Clewes not only runs a large number of training courses for CIM but is also the Lead Course Director on the Level 6 Diploma for Strategic Marketing and a tutor on the Level 7 Post Graduate qualification and the Level 7 Marketing Leadership Programme wi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.