Who should attend
This is a course for marketing managers, marketing directors, brand managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and agency directors who wish to rethink their marketing strategy in these extraordinary times.
About the course
It’s never been more important to re-think our customer-centric marketing strategies. Moving forward, low consumer confidence and financial difficulties will make it harder to acquire and retain customers. As a result, we need to reinvent our product and service values, restore trust in our brands, redefine our strategic marketing priorities and review our budgets. To help you work through this process, CIM have developed this one-day course, delivered by two leading industry practitioners to help you refocus your strategy and planning process. We will use real world examples throughout, to demonstrate how to develop stronger, forward-looking marketing strategies for your own organisation.
The Macro Market View
- The current economic, social context and businesses outlook
- Exploring macro trends and implications
- The recession mind-set and implications for marketing How to align your marketing priorities to the new context
*Strategic Marketing *
- Learnings from previous recessions and how this overlays with accelerating trends: winners and losers
- The impact of strategic thinking on marketing planning models
- How to future proof your business and marketing strategy
- How brand, culture, reputation and trust inter-relate
- Marketing’s role in delivering customer-centric innovation at pace
- Typologies of new products and the vital focus on relentless incremental innovation
- Agile innovation, product stretches and new channel initiatives
- Practical examples to draw on for inspiration and build confidence
- Managing the brand to strengthen your customer-centric position
- Dealing with the impact of low consumer confidence on brands
- Developing and articulating the brand proposition
- How new marketing priorities fit with brand building
- The Macro Market View: The current economic, social context and business outlook
- Strategic Marketing: The impact of strategic thinking on marketing planning models
- Leadership: The skills required for effective marketing leadership in challenging times
- Innovation: Agile innovation, product stretches and new channel initiatives
- Brand: Managing the brand to strengthen your customer-centric position
Vanessa Moon has 25 years experience in marketing, insight and integrated communications built across a variety of agency roles and longstanding project, training and consultancy work including clients such as Asda, Avon, Kraft, Bacardi-Martini, Saint-Gobain and Haymarket. She has trained and co...
David has over 25 years of director-level experience in marketing. With particular specialism in strategic brand development, he has led transformational programmes across a range of organisations, including Barclays, Labatt Brewing, LV= and, most recently, as Chief Marketing Officer at Allian...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.