Who should attend
You should attend this program if:
- You are new to the marketing field
- You want to get a job in marketing
- You have significant practical experience in marketing but want a solid theoretical foundation
- You are charged with developing a strategic marketing plan for your business
- You supervise someone who is developing a strategic marketing plan for your business
About the course
Work on your own business challenges and begin developing a strategic marketing plan that you can apply immediately to your workplace.
Apply theory to practice through team discussions, case studies, videos and group work in a lively, participatory environment for maximized learning. Program content is constantly updated with leading-edge marketing material from academia and industry. Take advantage of the comprehensive curriculum taught by Dr. Ajay Sirsi, an award-winning professor who is also the creator of the marketing and sales methodology Marketing Led – Sales Driven (MLSD), a process used by hundreds of organizations globally to develop strong marketing strategies followed by flawless implementation at the sales and customer levels.
Acquire the skills needed to develop and implement a superior marketing plan and position products for competitive advantage. Segment markets and target customers effectively to build powerful brands. Learn to conduct market research, create and sustain customer value, and design the right channels of distribution for your product. Use the insight and expertise gained to develop a strategic marketing plan that you can apply immediately to your workplace.
Monday – Thursday
Marketing Concepts and Overview**
- Marketing = a tool to create competitive advantage
- What value does marketing add to a business?
- Understanding, creating, delivering, and managing customer value
- Elements of a strong marketing plan
Market Segmentation and Choosing The Target Market
- How to segment your markets and customers
- Tools to understand customer needs
- Choosing your target market
- Customizing your marketing value propositions by segment
How to Build a Powerful Brand
- Foundations of branding and brand management
- Core versus potential products: how to de-commoditize your offerings
- How to differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace
Pricing Strategy: Capturing The Value You Have Created
- Avoiding the biggest pricing mistakes made by firms
- Designing value-based pricing strategies
- How to be a price maker, not a price taker
Channel Strategies: Design and Management
- Learn how to use channel strategies to attract and keep customers
- Understanding how channels of distribution deliver competitive advantage
- Designing relevant channel strategies for your business
Marketing Communications in Action
- Learn about the realities of the new marketing communications paradigm
- Valuable lessons on how to successfully get your message across to any target customer
- A step-by-step process to develop integrated marketing communications strategies
- Developing success benchmarks to ensure marketing ROI
Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Foundations of marketing strategy and planning
- Creating a winning marketing plan
- Building a customer-focused business
Group Work – Planning for Success**
- Building a marketing plan for a business
- Reviewing plans with your peers
- Expert instructor and peer feedback
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketin...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.