Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Mid-level and senior managers with strategic, marketing or commercial responsibilities With the ambition to boost their team's contribution to the organisation's business strategy and results, deliver a superior level of performance and work intensively with like-minded individuals
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in marketing or sales
- FMCG,Retail, NGO,Government, Telecommunications, Banking sectors.
About the course
The programme is designed to provide experienced managers with strategic, marketing or commercial responsibilities - with new marketing concepts and a framework for winning in tough markets:
- Boost your strategic thinking about the evolving competitive landscape and understand how to create and capture more value
- Gain insights into drivers of customer value, behavior and choice and align different stakeholders to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Co-create outstanding customer experiences: improve them, differentiate them and take them "from good to great"
- Meet the challenge of driving change as a marketer, make critical decisions and follow through with execution
- Current and Emerging Orientations in Marketing
- Brand Power
- Strategic Issues in Marketing
- Market Penetration
- Understanding the Customer
- Market Segmentation &Positioning
- Strategic Issues in Distribution
- Ethical Issues in Marketing
- Brand Strategy &Management
- New Product Development
- Customer Retention and Acquisition
- Marketing Planning &Development
Key Learning Outcomes
This programme explores the principal concepts and tools of contemporary marketing strategy, from market segmentation and brand positioning to customer acquisition to market penetration. As participants examine marketing from a value-creation perspective, they will learn to evaluate competitive advantage and potential of the unique goods and services that organizations offer. Essentially, participating in classroom presentations, discussions, team problem solving, and in-depth case-study analysis, you will strengthen your capacity to:
- Analyse and understand customer needs and buying behavior
- Understand competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Identify shifts in the technological, regulatory, and cultural context of business
- Partner with collaborators to build go-to-market power
- Understand marketing programme development and implementation
- Comprehend your role in a fully integrated, strategic marketing plan
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
She started her career at Citibank Nigeria and spent approximately 14 years in the nation’s financial sector during which she garnered experience in strategy, product development, sales and marketing,customer serviceand customer relationship management, cultural change management, amongst others....
Experienced commercial leader with an unusual diversity of experience in consumer goods, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications and financial services at very senior levels with successful track records. A deep wealth of cross-industry innovative experience invaluable in providing strong s...
Mr Chidi Okoro is a Faculty at the Lagos Business School. He is currently the Founder/Executive Consultant of Drugs and Medicaments Nigeria Limited, a Retail Chain/ own brands dealer in the Pharma sector. A consultant in Strategy & Business Development to organisations in FMCG, Pharma, Retail...
Dr Uchenna Uzo joined LBS in February 2002. He received his B.Sc and M.Sc in Sociology from the University of Lagos, and his Masters of Research in Management as well as PhD in Management from the IESE Business School, Barcelona. He is a member and reviewer of the Academy of Management and also ...