Strategic Marketing Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Darden School of Business.Full disclaimer.
It’s easier than ever to reach targeted customers, but many marketers lack the ability to create compelling brands and scalable practices with meaningful results. To realize the promise of big-data profits, marketing leaders need to claim their stake in an increasingly noisy brand landscape, track business goals against evolving analytics and deliver meaningful benefits to consumers who crave human connection first.
At a Glance
Develop a more profitable marketing plan and hit the ground running when you get back to work. Strategic Marketing Management is an immersion in the core principles of successful marketing. You'll uncover the winning formulas of market leading brands, learn how to use analytics to pinpoint your most profitable customers and package solutions that fulfill their unmet needs.
See your competitive landscape with new eyes. Led by practicing consultants and research professors, this course asks you to conduct competitor analyses before building a customized plan for your organization and the managerial skills to enact it. You'll study cases of heritage brands, uncovering what ideas stick and why. A special role-playing simulation will allow you to test your brand concept as you prepare, with assigned accountability and functions, to attend a Task Force Meeting and present your position. Another hands-on workshop will show you how to mine data-driven metrics for marketing ROI and unique consumer preferences and buying behavior.
Where You'll Excel
- Hone your ability to identify consumers' true values and showcase standout benefits in an increasingly complex marketplace.
- Discover how teams tap into emergent networks of influence to pique client and customer appetites.
- Study classic and innovative strategies for building enduring brands.
- Refresh your understanding of analytics and the ROIs of marketing.
Schedule & Topics
- Applying Customer Lifetime Value to Strategy Formulation
- Being Market Focused
- Brand Evolution: Building, Monitoring and Using Brand Equity
- Customer and Competitor Analysis
- Designing and Managing Channels
- Positioning and Value Creation
- Product Life Cycle and Marketing Evolution
- Product Portfolio Analysis
- Segmentation and Targeting
- The Marketing Value Proposition
- Taking It Home: Your Action Plan
You'll walk away from Strategic Marketing Management with:
- A common language and context for marketing discussions with management, internal strategists and partner firms
- Hands-on experience using marketing metrics to interpret consumer behavior and adapt your strategy accordingly
- A marketing strategy toolkit
- A renewed sense of your brand's meaning and purpose
- Out-of-the-box techniques for attracting the right customers and nurturing those relationships
Who should attend
This program is designed for mid- and upper-level marketing executives, as well as business development, account, channel and senior product/brand managers. The material applies to B2B and B2C industries as well as the nonprofit sector.