Who should attend
- Those who are concerned with improving their personal or/and organisational performance private or public sector, from commercial entities or NGOs
- Anyone who needs to connect with their customers or stakeholders should find the programme is relevant and stimulating
About the course
Marketing is all around – we are exposed to marketing in almost everything we do. As a result, everyone and every organisation seem to have an intuitive understanding of what marketing is all about: marketing is about selling, advertising, and promotion. So it’s just common sense.
But is this really true? Is that what marketing all about? Do you really understand the marketing management process? These are the questions which we will address and debate in this programme.
Marketing is far more than just advertising and promotion; it is first and foremost an organisational culture and philosophy that has customers at the centre of an organisation’s strategies and business processes.
It is also the strategic analysis of the market environment, including customer, competitor, company, context and collaborator, and then also the strategic execution of segmentation, targeting and positioning, followed by a set of specific strategies in areas such as product, pricing, place (distribution), promotion and people.
Strategic marketing management is a powerful organisational practice and process to best reach and satisfy customers while increasing long-term profitability and productivity.
It will also help a business become more innovative and better penetrate a market, and hence achieve desired growth.
This programme deals with strategic marketing planning and analysis. Topics covered in the programme include:
- Essence of marketing
- Strategic marketing planning process
- Understanding consumer needs
- Consumer decision making: system 1 vs. system 2 model
- Analysing competitors and company
- Strategic segmentation and micro segmentation
- Calculating market potential and targeting
- Perceptual map and brand positioning
- Emotionalising your products
- Creating total experience
- Value-based pricing
- Understand the true nature of marketing. Debunk the myths.
- Develop a deep understanding around consumer needs and motives
- Learn about effective marketing strategies such as segmentation and positioning
- Develop an agenda for bringing winning products to market
- Investigate value-based pricing to maximise your long-term profitability
University Senior Lecturer in Marketing Director of the MPhil in Management Programme Fellow of St Edmund''s College BSc (Jilin University), MA (West Virginia University), PhD (University of Southern California) Research interests New product growth in high-tech industries; internationalisati...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.