Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Those who are concerned with improving their personal or/and organisational performance private or public sector, from commercial entities or NGOs
- Anyone who needs to connect with their customers or stakeholders should find the programme is relevant and stimulating
About the course
Marketing is all around you - you are exposed to marketing in almost everything you do. As a result, everyone and every organisation seem to have an intuitive understanding of what marketing is all about: marketing is about selling, advertising, and promotion. Hence, marketing is just common sense. Is this really true? Is that marketing all about? Do you really understand the marketing management process? These are the questions which we will address and debate in this programme.
Marketing is far more than just advertising and promotion; it is first and foremost a strategic analysis of the market environment, including customer, competitor, company, context and collaborator, and then strategic execution of segmentation, targeting and positioning.
Strategic marketing management is a powerful organisational process to better reach and satisfy customers while increasing profitability and productivity. It will also help a business become more innovative and better penetrate a market.
This programme deals with strategic marketing planning and analysis. Topics covered in the programme include:
- Essence of marketing
- Strategic marketing planning process
- Understanding consumer needs
- Consumer decision making: system 1 vs. system 2 model
- Analysing competitors and company
- Strategic segmentation and micro segmentation
- Calculating market potential and targeting
- Perceptual map and brand positioning
- Emotionalising your products
- Creating total experience
- Value-based pricing
- Understand the true nature of marketing. Debunk the myths.
- Develop a deep understanding around consumer needs and motives
- Learn about effective marketing strategies such as segmentation and positioning
- Develop an agenda for bringing winning products to market
- Investigate value-based pricing to maximise your long-term profitability
University Senior Lecturer in Marketing Director of the MPhil in Management Programme Fellow of St Edmund''s College BSc (Jilin University), MA (West Virginia University), PhD (University of Southern California) Research interests New product growth in high-tech industries; internationalisati...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.