Who should attend
- Marketers involved in developing, informing and implementing their organisation's marketing, product and brand plans; and
- Key account managers in marketing research houses and communication agencies who influence and work with clients in developing marketing plans
About the course
Learn how to design and implement a successful marketing plan
In a tough economic climate, organisations that survive and prosper have a clear understanding of how best to acquire, retain and grow their customer base in ways that are aligned with the organisation's strategic objectives.
This programme will see delegates assessing, strengthening, and extending one of their own marketing plans in order to apply the lessons immediately to current business priorities. Delegates will learn how to design and implement a successful marketing plan, while expanding their network of like-minded marketing professionals.
If you are involved in developing and implementing marketing, product and brand plans for your organisation, you are the right candidate for this programme.
Each module will include 2 hours of asynchronous online work, such as readings, video materials, and application exercises. Each module will also include approximately 30-minutes of asynchronous online class discussion thread responses and peer-collaboration, as well as 90-minutes of a live interactive video-conference class with faculty which will take place every day at 4pm (SAST).
The daily interactive class video-call will involve deeper questioning and shared learning of key application frameworks and illustrative case studies. The programme will include regular reflections and assessment of learning, as well as a strong focus on application and the next steps for you and your organisation
How you will benefit
On completion of this programme, you will have:
- Analysed the internal and external marketing environment to inform marketing plans;
- Developed measurable marketing goals that contribute directly to business results;
- Chosen a set of strategic initiatives involving target market selection, brand development, and positioning and value proposition choices;
- Planned appropriate product, pricing, channel, and communication tactics to support marketing strategies;
- Mapped and assessed organisational effectiveness factors to enhance marketing plan execution;
- Committed to a set of personalised learning follow-up actions for ongoing support;
- Been exposed to cutting-edge academic and practitioner thinking on how to best compete in today's tough environment; and
- Expanded your network of like-minded marketing professionals.
Key focus areas:
- Nature of strategic marketing
- Market sensing & intelligence
- Strategy execution & capabilities
- Marketing effectiveness & return
- Marketing strategy development & refinement
Various case studies will be discussed to enable you to understand the concepts in practice.
Profile Michael Goldman is a member of the Adjunct Faculty at GIBS, teaching in a number of marketing-related themes, including marketing strategy & management, branding, and sponsorship. Since joining the business school in 2000 to launch the GIBS Forum, Michael has been an active teacher, ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.