Strategic Marketing for Hotels and Restaurants
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Hotel Administration.Full disclaimer.
This course offers participants innovative and practical approaches for addressing strategic marketing challenges to improve revenue, profit, and customer loyalty. Through class discussions, case studies, and real-world examples, learn the latest applications of strategic thinking and analysis to marketing challenges facing the hospitality industry. Case studies and examples will be drawn from hotels, restaurants, and other world-class hospitality firms worldwide.
Participants will take away new ideas to improve their business practices significantly. They will understand strategic-marketing concepts and principles, learn from “best practice” examples of successful companies, and apply the ideas, concepts, and principles to develop innovative and profitable strategies. They will also gain a framework for understanding how to develop a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Concepts of strategy and strategic planning, and how both guide all marketing decisions.
- How to understand consumer research that is the foundation of strategy development.
- The different marketing activities firms undertake and how these can be used to influence the building blocks of competitive advantage to increase profitability.
- Corporate strategy initiatives used to refine and expand the brand.
- The emerging role of customer experience management for designing and implementing brand strategy.
- Communicating the brand promise through integrated services marketing communications.
- Evolving marketing media - search, social, mobile - and how these areas are affecting consumer choice and marketing strategy.