Strategic Marketing Communications in the Digital age
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Success in today’s marketplace requires the ability to think strategically about marketing communications. Integrating the fundamentals of strategic marketing communications, such as insight and positioning, with new approaches, like digital and consumer engagement, this program will teach you how to design a solid foundation for a more powerful marketing communications strategy.
Led by senior Kellogg faculty, you’ll learn to ask the right questions – from strategic planning to the tactical execution of your marketing communications plan – and practice developing a creative brief and digital engagement strategy. By addressing a wide variety of channels including broadcast, social media engagement, event sponsorship and more, the program provides frameworks and examples that are applicable to both B2C and B2B marketing communications.
- Learn how to create frameworks for asking and answering critical questions regarding marketing communications
- View communications more broadly than traditional broadcast messages, with discussion around the digital era and social media
- Participate in integrative learning with an emphasis on developing a perfect blend of theory and practice as well as strategy and tactics
Marketing Strategy and Communications
- Create frameworks for developing strong marketing plans and identifying key marketing decisions prior to executing a communications plan
- Understand the impact of insight in transforming simple observations into extraordinarily profitable campaigns
Assessing Marketing Communications
- Acquire tools to properly evaluate the success of a marketing campaign against planned objectives
- Enhance critical thinking skills by learning to ask the right questions
Understanding the Changing Landscape of Marketing Communications
- Learn how marketing is evolving and how your organization can adapt to the changes
- Engage in critical discussions around the use of new media forms and how digital has changed the game
Who should attend
- Managers involved in understanding, changing and expanding the scope of marketing communications within their B2C and B2B organizations
- Mid- and senior-level leaders who have strategic responsibility for communications or are preparing for such a role
- Executives from organizations in which communications play a key role in sales